Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

converting square into Sin for wireless transmission???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisham2005

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello guys,

I need help, I'm making an fsk transmitter that should be connected to an Antenna for wireless transmission, but this circuit I'm working with, has an output of a square wave fsk, so, I guess I need to convert this square into sine for wireless transmission with an antenna, how?
the site which has the simple fsk modulator is here :
**broken link removed**

try to check the pdf version, (last page in the pdf file)

so, how i can convert it?, an RF amplifier in this case won't be sufficient!
thanks

To convert square into sine, build a low-pass filter that passes the desired frequencies and blocks everything above three times that frequency.

What frequency are we talking about here?

The simplest way to get FSK modulated carrier frequency is to FM modulate the VCO (LC oscillator with varactor diode) with a (digital) squarewave signal. But this design will probably need PLL control for frequency stability, so its complicated for unexperienced designer.

Perhaps a better way and still simple to get frequency stable, FSK modulated RF signal is to FM modulate crystal-based oscillator with a couple of multiplier stages to get higher frequencies.

I think you do not need to convert the sqare wave (modulating signal) into a sinusoidal one.

Usually RF signals are modulated from square wave using a pin diode, a varicap or a PLL Modulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back