Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting PlayStation 1 into an arcade machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenouir

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
turn a playstation into a arcade

Hi All,

I am new here and basically new to being an electronics hobbyist.
I would like to convert my psone into an arcade gaming machine with coin acceptor. I don't specifically know what to ask but basically I know there must be a board or a circuit that communicates between the ps unit, joystick and the coin acceptor.

If possible, I would like it in DIY type so I would learn and appreciate electronics in the process.

Thanks in advance.

Zenouir

turn a playstation 2 into an arcade machine

Hi! Could you please advise me on how to turn my playstation 2 into an arcade machine using a coinslot and a 30 minute timer or anything similar.

playstation on coins machine

dudes! do you know any basis on Electronics? (or just electrics) all that stuff is very easy! the most difficult part I´ve seen is setting the coin detector to set the Start button a couple of times needed according some games...

Also I have seen, a new playstation controlled striped and soldered some buttons to conform am arcade controller... maybe the most difficult part should be making an PS-compatilble Arcade controller without stripping an orginal one... but also, I think its cheaper to strip an used controller or something very easy...

Thinking better. i´m sure there are many pages explaining how to do this kind of stuff...

convert arcade to playstation

kurenai_ryu,

Sounds like you're an expert.
Could you share some of these "very easy stuff".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back