Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting ORCAD schematic to PCAD schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmanicdao

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dns capture orcad viewer

Can you give me idea on how to convert ORCAD to PCAD , I know DXF but is there anyway I could convert it also including schematic and NET LISTs Im a Hardware design Engineer at NEUGENT technologies (www.neugent.net) I design schematic in ORCAD because it is easier but I use PCAD for ARTWORK. Can you pls. help me

how to convert orcad schematic to pads schematic

Hi, we use Pads at my work but we often convert from Orcad .DNS files using the Pads built in convertor (paid extra from vendor I believe) maybe P-Cad has something similar, worthwhile checking. Alternatively I believe there are several programmes online that will convert Orcad files priced around $20-40, do a search on e-studio this may do what you want.

orcad schematics to pcad schematics

If you only need to transfer netlist you can use a PCB Navigator as a converting program. Navigator 5.1 supports Accel PCAD 2000,2001,2002,2003 & 2004.
Hope this helps .

Greetings
Dragan

russian to english schematic convertor pcad

jpmanicdao

In ORCAD u export the file as "PDF out" and import "PDF in" in PCAD (Note this is not Acrobat Reader PDF). This will help.

Regards

import orcad .dns schematics -cadence

Why do you say it is to design in ORCAD, when you have such a headache to convert your design?? Personally I would say stay away from any conversation , use one package and become master on it. It will be difficult first time then everything will fall in place. Also, I would not recommend to use ORCAD or PCAD both om them almost end of live. Why not to look at PADS?

orcad pcad netlist

dragan said:
If you only need to transfer netlist you can use a PCB Navigator as a converting program. Navigator 5.1 supports Accel PCAD 2000,2001,2002,2003 & 2004.
Hope this helps .

Greetings
Dragan

right, just use only the netlist, export it to the format needed and do forward/backward ECO if needed.

we use orcad for schematics (compatibility is an issue) and our designers use mentor graphics for pcb.

converting from one software to another from time to time probably will give you problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back