Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

converting m file to vhdl

Status
Not open for further replies.

nirmay

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
I've written the matlab code for empirical mode decomposition first step in Hilbert Huang Transform it works well but to convert it to vhdl code i'm finding it difficult.I tried using AccelDSP version 10.1 but I'm not able to convert.Can anyone suggest me any other software to convert it o vhdl code or convert the m file to simulink model or any other method to get the VHDL code .Thanks in advance

As their is no need to convert it . you direct use Xilinx system generator, their you will find the direct link of M-File block , just you drag it and give the path of your m-file. It will run.

Thanks for the reply
can you please tell me the step by step procedure.I've written the Matlab code for Emprical Mode Decomposition which I'm planning to implement it on fpga so i need to convert it to vhdl when i opened the system generator i wasn't able to find such blocks so please help me. Thanks a lot

converting Matlab language to Vhdl language is called synthesis .There is only one program that does it and is very expensive Accelchip ( hard to use too).Matlab is a set of internal and external instructions . The external instructions are functions that can't be synthetised directly . What the other friend suggested is to use blocks from simulink (which is not matlab language).
search for Accelchip information !
regards

hi,
I've written the matlab code for my final year project. can any one tell me that spartan 3E FPGA support this matlab M file. i have not used FPGA before so plz any one help me for using fpga with matlab...
thanks in advance

hi,
I've written the matlab code for my final year project. can any one tell me that spartan 3E FPGA support this matlab M file. i have not used FPGA before so plz any one help me for using fpga with matlab...
thanks in advance

Hi sajad,
I am also facing the same problem.if you got the solution please post it..Thanks in advance....

If you want to convert from an m file to VHDL , you could try using embedded matlab but you need to change your code to satisfy its constrains.

search for embeded matlab help and simulink HDL coder for more information

sorry medra. you said about tmatlab embedded which is in matlab simulink but the problem is that i have to take input run time which is possbible in simulink or not please tell me so we use simulink in real time . thanks in advance

sorry medra. you said about tmatlab embedded which is in matlab simulink but the problem is that i have to take input run time which is possbible in simulink or not please tell me so we use simulink in real time . thanks in advance

I don't know , but I had converted some embedded files to VHDL and downloaded them on the FPGA successfully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back