Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting HFSS Drawing to "DXF" file Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

zesong

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss to dxf

Dear Friends,

Can anyone advise me on how can I export HFSS Drawing to "DXF" file format.

Many Thanks in advance!

Yours SIncerely with Best Regards,
Zesong

(zesong03@yahoo.com.sg)

dxf file format

In HFSS menu:

3D Modeler/Export

Exports 3d-model to dxf, sat and other formats.

Best regards,
Kit-the-great

converting dxf files in hfss

Hi,

I have tried exporting the file into sm2 file format, and then using the Maxwell Translator to convert to "DXF" file format,

However when I tried to verify the convertion by importing the "DXF" file into "SM2" file and using HFSS to import the file.

I am not able to get back the original file.

Your advice is needed !

Best Regards,
Zesong

hfss dxf

Try saving as a .sat file and then opening in the program of your choice to save as a .dxf. You may have to fool with the ACII ver to get the import to go smoothly.

H3O

drawing exchange format(dxf) definition

You can try the tool "LinkCAD", it is a good tool to translate gds/dxf.

hfss drawing

One possible mistake you may have made is that in HFSS DXF exports the layer at the origin of the Coordinate system. Did you check that the layer you want to export is exactly there.

regards,

cheng

export hfss dxf

cheng said:
One possible mistake you may have made is that in HFSS DXF exports the layer at the origin of the Coordinate system. Did you check that the layer you want to export is exactly there.

regards,

cheng

Hi,

yes, I also think this is your problem, it is clearly writen in the manual - only one layer is converted to planar (sm2) format, so this might be the reason for disagreement between your files. I have just checked, if you export to dxf you will get the same, one layer only.

I have tried in the past SAT exchange between CST and HFSS and it worked correctly, the geometry was there, I have to add materials definition. I also tried dxf exchange between MWO5.0 and IE3D 8.2, It worked but one should be very careful with layer maping.

Recently I tried CST50 novel feature - the import of Sonnet projects, again layers were in wrong order, materials were translated correctly and you have to define ports.

The only translator that was 100% working correctly was the @DS layout to Sonnet translator EBridge that comes with Sonnet suite. The only problem there (and in all other dxf, sma etc. based drawings) is that you have to add your vias manually, and I had a hundreds of them!

So, there is no way out, it seems that you have to now how to draw in all EM simulators, and this is basically 90% of skills you have to learn to use them. Unfortunatelly, only 10% is spent with the essence that they were made for - EM analysis parameters.

flyhigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back