Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting Gerber to PCB in Altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrpeja

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I tried to convert gerber to pcb in Altium, but at the end of process I got an error message, and no pcb is generated, as follows:

Error reading the nets from CAMtastic ! (C:\Build\AD.14.2\platform_edp\CAMTASTIC\Source Code\Dlls\CAMUtils\ExportCAMToPCB.pas, line 296) at 2BF0B4C4.
CAMTASTIC.DLL, Base Address: 2BAF0000.
Exception Occurred In
ExportToPCB

If anyone can help, I'll be gratefull

Mrpeja

As far as I know, a Gerber can't be converted back to a PCB because it is a production format and not a design format. A Gerber file contains only one of the many layers of a PCB, an no information on nets, components or electrical connectivity at all.

You can do reverse engineering on gerber files in Altium. I have done it in the past bit long winded but its easy really I'm away from PC at the moment when I get back I will look in to it and write the process can't remember off the top of me head

Yes you are correct there is no automated way
Mrpeja you need to extract the nest list first then export to PCb but will confirm

Hi, wizpic,
I did everything as is stated in Altium manual, import Gerber layers, import drill file, extract net list. But when I click on Convert to pcb, I have had an error message, like I wrote before:

(Error reading the nets from CAMtastic ! (C:\Build\AD.14.2\platform_edp\CAMTASTIC\Source Code\Dlls\CAMUtils\ExportCAMToPCB.pas, line 296) at 2BF0B4C4.
Exception Occurred In
ExportToPCB)

So, I'm wondering, maybe something is wrong with my Altium?
mrpeja

It sounds like it try and uninstall it and try again

It sounds like it try and uninstall it and try again

Hi, wizpic,
I'm not sure, maybe the my customer's computer where i tried to convert gerber to pcb, has cracked version of Atium? Can this be a cause of this issue?
In the field: Help-About stays: "Licensed to ru-board, Altium Platinum Partner
Altium Partner Special - This license can be used on all desing projects"

Any idea?
mrpeja

That should not be the problem at all, I have never had any issues before like that

So, I'll wait until someone, maybe, knew a cause of this issue.
Here is the issue again:

[I tried to convert gerber to pcb in Altium, but at the end of process I got an error message, and no pcb is generated, as follows:

Error reading the nets from CAMtastic ! (C:\Build\AD.14.2\platform_edp\CAMTASTIC\Source Code\Dlls\CAMUtils\ExportCAMToPCB.pas, line 296) at 2BF0B4C4.
Exception Occurred In
ExportToPCB

If anyone can help, I'll be grateful]

mrpeja

That sounds like an Altium bug, unfortunately. Aside from rebooting Altium, there is no way around it.

In rare situations, it does help to perform the same action on another computer, then for unexplainable reasons it sometimes does work. But it doesn't seem to matter whether you have a cracked or registered version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back