Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting gerber files to PCB to modify it

Status
Not open for further replies.

btminzon

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,

I need to modify one old pcb, and i just have the fabrication files (gerber). It is possible to convert to pcb and then nodify? I use p-cad, but can be a protel or tango. Thanks a lot

Breno

Re: problem with gerber

cam350 might help you on this. However, I didn't modify it before.

For small modification, some CAM softwares such as CAM350 or Genesis 2000 could do it as well.
As to big change, I guess you have to import to orCAD software.

The attached is a small software can convert Gerber to PCB for Protel. However, no idea about the effect

Reactions: Allf

Allf

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

btminzon : If that file you still have in PCAD (other than Gerber), then you can load in PCAD and export in PDF-OUT and Any software which can import PDF-IN, so you can edit that file again. (most software have it).

Regards

There are a couple approaches to this all to familiar dilima.
1. Contact Designer to see if they still have pcb layout files.
2. If the changes to design are minimal it can be done using a gerber editor such as CAM350
3. If there are major changes it would be best to convert data to a pcb file. Again, CAM350 is a good tool to do this. I have reversed engineered several boards in the past using this tool. If you have to use this approach it would be best if you have the original schematic or at least a netlist to compare to. The end result should be a 100% match.

You can contact me if you need pointers on how to do this.

Eda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back