Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

converting a allegro Brd file to pads layout file

Status
Not open for further replies.

nirajvlsi

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
convert allegro to pads

Hi group,
I want to convert an allegro brd file to pads layout file, can any one guide me through this ?
I am able to convert pads file to allegro file to pads file.

Waiting for your response!!

Thanks and regards
Niraj

allegro to pads conversion

There is no direct way to do the conversion from Allegro to Pads. Mentor does not offer a translator for that conversion, and Cadence does not export to a compatible format.

It is possible to import Allegro files into the newest version of Altium Designer. Mentor does offer a translator that can go from Altium Designer to Pads. So, one method would be to import the Allegro design to Altium Designer Summer 08 version, save it, then translate that into Pads format. The Altium importer is outstanding, so the result should be pretty good.

Another way is to use Mentor's CAMCAD translator. It has never produced good results for me, but it does work.

Still another method is to install Valor's ODB++ addon for Allegro, save an ODB++ version of the Allegro file, load it into CAM350, and then save a PADS file. It does a passable job, but not as good as using Altium Designer.

If you would like for me to try and convert your board for you, drop me a PM with the board file attached as a zip or rar. I'll see what I can do.

Reactions: marce

marce

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
pads to allegro conversion

Dear friend,

It is not possible to convert from allegro brd file to PAd,
Because you can import to allegro most of all brd files, but you cant convert allegro to others.

Thanks,
R. Raju

allegro pads conversion

converting designs is something that CAN be done but ALWAYS with limited success. There will be plenty of things to fix and edit. The dangerous part is when you don't know WHAT may have been poorly translated.

surprises surprises...hmm.

Re: allegro to Altium conversion

Would you be willing to do an Allegro to Altium conversion for me?

hi cantinflas
i can do it for you. which allegro verision you are using?
SA

hi
nirajvlsi yes we can convert the alegro pcb in to pads layout but you have to use allegro 16.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back