Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Convert USB port to RS232 port

Status
Not open for further replies.

vividvilla

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This project lets you conveniently connect any computer with USB ports directly to a simple, traditional connector the 9-pin RS-232,It converts the electrical signals from a USB<–>serial TLL convertor to the RS-232 standard. So in a nutshell,it converts a USB port into a standard but basic serial port.

Visit Here for more details and circuit

nothing is there on the link.
Even the wesite of freecircuits.org is not able to open :(
Can you post any other link for the theoretical detail of this topic ?

Try Now..the website was down when u accessed.

I need to convert a 0-1VDC signal into an RS232/RS485 data for distance commn . thru wires ...
Can I get a simple circuit for this conversion....In case you can design an SNMP for ethernet from a linear 0-1VDC ,,I require that help too.

@vimalkhanna try using transistor(2n2222) as switching to convert your signals to 5v then use MAX232 for serial communication. It works i have tried it for 3v but you can make it for 1v also.

Status
Not open for further replies.