Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Convert to Wireless Output for Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterKevin

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.

I am from India and have a Home Theater sound system - basically a 4.1 one with bluetooth.
Manufacturer and Model: Frontech JIL 3996

Now here is the problem -

I want to remove the wires from the speakers. But I have no clue about what would be good affordable solution - A Blue Tooth Transmitter and a Blue Tooth Receiver or any thing else.

As there are 4 speakers, I know I have to opt for 4 pairs of any sender and receiver. But I am unable to decide. My searches for BlueTooth Transmitters and Receivers have made me realize that the transmitters are expensive. But there is no available device (at least in the Indian market I know) that can help me with a ready made solution.

I am looking out for any help that the people out here on the forum can provide - including creating my own bluetooth transmitter and receiver, if someone can tell me where to find the circuit.

It might also be worth mentioning, I am no electronic literate. I merely know the names of the components like resistors, capacitors etc, and how to solder them onto the PCB or even place them on the Breadboards. So even the word hobbyist does not go with me (as far as electronics is concerned). But I am interested to learn and make. And this is one of the reasons I have signed up here on this forum.

Looking forward for some helpful solutions.

Attachments

• Backside.PNG
    Backside.PNG
    89.5 KB · Views: 93
  • wired.PNG
    wired.PNG
    99.6 KB · Views: 95

It may be equally fulfilling if you were to build an LED transmission system. It doesn't need sophisticated bluetooth or wifi modules.

Convert audio into pulses of light. Photosensors detect the light beam and convert it back to audio. Amplify it and feed it to the speaker.

A power supply is needed for the speakers. Unless it's batteries you can't get around having wires.

Are these powered speakers? If not, you're wasting your time.

These are not powered speakers. These, that came along with the set, only need to be connected to the output jacks as on the pic.
--- Updated ---

It may be equally fulfilling if you were to build an LED transmission system. It doesn't need sophisticated bluetooth or wifi modules.

Convert audio into pulses of light. Photosensors detect the light beam and convert it back to audio. Amplify it and feed it to the speaker.

Wow, never had this idea on my searches. The only far I could find was an IR (infra red) way. But it definitely limited the distance between the ends and it also mentioned high drop of quality of sound.

LED transmissions can go farther than the IR (i think).

The only issue would be that the light should be able to reach out to the receiving end ( I mean, I have to keep the area cleaner).

Thanks again for this viewpoint. I will be searching on these lines now.

These are not powered speakers. These, that came along with the set, only need to be connected to the output jacks as on the pic.
So that means you're going to need a power amplifier added to your speakers. The output of a bluetooth receiver is certainly not going to be able to drive your speakers.

So that means you're going to need a power amplifier added to your speakers. The output of a bluetooth receiver is certainly not going to be able to drive your speakers.

Probably yes, so I assume it would be something like this? -
proposed.jpg

So the next set of questions -

1. How can I measure the output from the woofer box to the speakers or rather the input to the speakers (I guess I would need that to find the right amplifier for the bluetooth at the speaker's end).
2. How would I pair both the B-T (transmitter) and the BT-R(receiver). I know how to pair bluetooth devices using computer/cell phone, but here, there is neither involved.

1) what do you want to measure? The power output Is stated in the specs, but you are free to choose whatever amp you want that is compatible with your speakers. You do realize you are just wasting power here, right? Unless there’s a preamp output, you’re going to have to terminate the power amp outputs with large resistors.
2) you pair the BT devices by the means SPECIFIED IN THE DEVICE DATASHEET! How the heck do we know what your devices are???

I've been reading your post several times trying to figure out what you want to achieve.
If you remove speaker cables from satellites, you will have to make an amplifier for every unpowered satellite.
As power does not propagate through the air efficiently, you will have to have a wire for powering each satellite, and you gained NOTHING :D.
Removed wires from amplifier to speakers - used same wires to power each satellite AND spending money on amplifiers, power supplies for each one, BT modules (a pair for each speaker).

Good luck ;)

As power does not propagate through the air efficiently, you will have to have a wire for powering each satellite, and you gained NOTHING

Exactly what I had thought of initially. Yes, it will not do much of a difference. But how about reducing that 25 foot of wire (or more) to 2.5 inches (or less) and being able to increase the distance to say more than 25 foot.

As I could not find anything on Solar Panels/Energy on this forum, I am following it up another and some replies have suggestions on going Solar for those bluetooth amps (the BT-R+Amp ones).

I am trying to do this because many of us here have such speakers/sound systems in our homes (at least here) where we use a pre-powered sound system which does not support wireless connectivity. I have added a bluetooth receiver module on mine (an older one that did not have bt) and that gave me an idea.

I know the world will not end if I do not get this done. It is just my being unaware of many things that I am seeking out the suggestions and advice from people who are literate and experts in this field.

Peace! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back