Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Convert techlib transmitter to use tubes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be difficult, the long-tailed pair is straightforward but putting another pentode in the 'emitters' leg would be quite a problem.

If it's the antenna you are primarily interested in, look up "inductive loop antennas" for ideas. For receiving they are easy to construct, I tried one with my 100W transmitter and it generated several KV across it's ends and I had to use quite expensive tuning capacitors to prevent flash over!

Just out of interest, what subminiature pentodes to you have? I built a receiver once using EF74 wire ended pentodes and ran it off a 9V battery.

Brian.

Reactions: neazoi

neazoi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
It would be difficult, the long-tailed pair is straightforward but putting another pentode in the 'emitters' leg would be quite a problem.

If it's the antenna you are primarily interested in, look up "inductive loop antennas" for ideas. For receiving they are easy to construct, I tried one with my 100W transmitter and it generated several KV across it's ends and I had to use quite expensive tuning capacitors to prevent flash over!

Just out of interest, what subminiature pentodes to you have? I built a receiver once using EF74 wire ended pentodes and ran it off a 9V battery.

Brian.

Thanks for the answer.
I have the 1j17, 1j18, 1j24, 1j29 and 1j37 all soviet military types. They can operate with 1.2vf and 40-60va.

In the circuit it seems that he sends the signal out of the collector to the antenna through the 8nf caps. I believe I could use any type pf transmitter to feed the signal just right at the common point of the caps, what is your opinion?

I think the antenna the way he has used does not behave like a tuned circuit for the transmitter, he just uses it like a "next stage" in the chain. The circuit could have been followed by an amplifier through a cap connected to the transistor collector.

What if I isolate the antenna from the rest of the circuit and make a standard tube crystal transmitter to feed the antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back