Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Convert Digital Filter to Analog Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digi001

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If i have a digital filter running in code with B0,B1,B2 and A0,A1 @ 20khz and I need to build an equivalent analog filter with the same response. How would I do this?

If i have a digital filter running in code with B0,B1,B2 and A0,A1 @ 20khz and I need to build an equivalent analog filter with the same response. How would I do this?

It's not possible. Digital filters - like all time-discrete systems - have a periodic frequency response (period determined by the clock rate).
This cannot be established in the analog domain. You only can approximate the transfer function within the first period.

Yes. I mean choosing a 20kHz set period for the digital filter loop, cant a transformation then be made to approximate this in continuous?

cant a transformation then be made to approximate this in continuous?
one simple way you may try is a bilinear transformation to map your filter to the s plane...

Status
Not open for further replies.