Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

conversion of 0-5v input to 0-3v output using op amps

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppstar375

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

You can use a simple resistive voltage divider. You may add an analog buffer (employing a simple opamp voltage follower circuit) at the output of the voltage divider.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Thanks Tahmid for replaying..yes i too found the voltage follower circuit good enough, the only difficulty i am finding is that the op amp needs to be supplied with 3.3v as common mode voltage (Vcc), i am not finding if any such op amp is present in market. i mean if i wud know the ic number it will be easier for me to order it.it would be nice of u to help me out in this. thanks for ur consideration anyways..
(ps: there are many op amp available such as LM3940, but they give a fixed output of 3.3v for voltage input of 4.5 to 5v,,whereas we require is for 0 to 5v input we should get 0 to 3.3v output.)

there are many op amp available such as LM3940, but they give a fixed output of 3.3v for voltage input of 4.5 to 5v

But the 5v in not supposed to reach the opamp input, first there is a divider /0.6 and then the resulting voltage feeds the opamp buffer

Tahmid didnt mean use a resistor divider with an op amp, as he said, resister dividers would be usable if all you are doing is scaling your output. Vout=Vin*(R2/R1+R2). so set 3.3/5 = R2/(R1+R2)=.66 so a R2=10k and R1=5.15k would do the trick.
if you want it buffered then you should use the op amp, and then you could merge the resistor divider into the buffer to get a circuit like you posted above. if you dont need an op amp, dont use 1. I find it apparent op amp theory is beyond you and so recommend not using one.
-Pb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back