Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Conversion Gain of mixer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitgrace

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
conversion gain

Dear All :

I design a mixer the imput is 100M, and the LO is 100.2MHz and LO is squart wave. How do I run Conversion Gain of mixer ? If I use the cadence spectre-RF , I use Pxf function. How to see the result ? What frequency of Conversio Gain do u see ? 200KHz ?? Thanks

try pss or qpss. you should see the fundamental at 200khz (or 200.2Mhz). search for the cadence manuel on mixer simulation online.

The difference of the output level (200kHz) minus input level (100MHz) represents the conversion gain of the mixer.

In most applications, a square wave is not what you want to use for the LO.

A square wave has a lot of spectral content, so you are in essence folding over the noise of all those sidebands into the IF.

Dear biff44 :

Because the LO is about 100MHz. it is divide by D-flip flop, so that the waveform is square wave, So that this is my big problems, How to correct simulation for mixer ? I read many manuel , Don't describe it ? Can you give me some suggestion ? Thnaks

hello,
i was wondering what makes LO being square make any diffrence as far as i know LO is used only for switching and in either cases the RF is multiplied by a square wave "even with sine LO" as we dont mutiply the two signals but the LO controls the switch and also as far as i know the LO being a square is an advantage as the switching will be more ideal "faster", so i don't get what is the problem.

Dear safwatonline :

Thanks your comment. But How do I do the simulation using spectre-RF . I see the manuel, It teach us to using port (LO , Sin type) to do conversion gain ,NF ? But it is diffent with square wave. This is my confuse point. How to solve this problem, Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back