Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling the speed of 3 phase induction motor with at89s52

Status
Not open for further replies.

cai2

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to control the speed of a three phase induction motor, also its start/stop, forward/reverse, will at89s52 con make it?...

Re: at89s52

Start/Stop and Forward/Reverse can be controlled with almost any microcontroller with a few general purpose I/Os + zero-crossing opto-isolators + Triacs (or something like that) ..
Speed control (for example, zero-speed at full torque) is totally different kettle of fish and the 89S52 is just not the right choice for this job ..

Regards,
IanP

PWM can be used for controlling the speed of the motor and with the direction can be varied with a peripheral components

at89s52

if you use of power element like thyristor by it ,YES

Ianp is so right,

Regards

if any of the family of the 8051 microcontroller, will they can do the job,say 89c4051?

i think any family on 8051 micro controller can do the job but the coding for pwm might become complex when there is no PWM generator module built in

at89s52

Try to find the part no. that provided the PWM function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back