Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling the RESET in this IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshmanNewbie

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using this - Ethernet Switch IC - KSZ9897S

This is its Hardware Checklist.

On page 193 of the datasheet, they have provided the guidelines on how to connect a signal to the RESET pin.

My question is, can I use the output of this Gate and connect it directly to the RESET pin of the Ethernet switch? I'm not using the RC network for the reset as mentioned in the datasheet figures?

Can someone tell me whether it is OK & what is the main purpose of that RC network, if I am giving reset from the external GATE IC.

Hi,

I don´t want to read the datasheet for you.

But there are "power up and reset requirements" both in timing and voltage thresholds.
If your circuit can fulfill these requirements you are safe.

But why not simply keep on the suggested circuit?

If you don´t keep on the datasheet informations you can blame no one in case of malfunction.

Klaus

The reset signal timing requirements are specified in the datasheet, you should particularly observe
"tsr Stable supply voltages to de-assertion of reset"

If your external reset signal can't guarantee this condition, you should consider figure 7-2

Hi;
I agree that why you hesitate to use simple RC.
Also I think that, this cct help to filter some sort of noise/spike at VDD.
Will your logic circuit will be immune that kind of issues?

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.