Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling servo motor.. need help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharkfire

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a servo motor, rotating 360 degrees. It's function is for turning the wheels left and right. Now, what I want, if the wheels turn extreme left ( the farthest that the wheel can reach) the motor should stop rotating. Same goes with the right direction. It's like, the motor should only rotate for 180 degres. That's -90 for left and +90 for right.

To rotate the motor, I have 3 receivers: L(left), C (Center) and R(RIght).

If the C receiver is detected, the system should check which receiver will go high next. Example, the L Receiver. The motor should rotate, at least 90 degrees to the left (the wheels will also turn left). After that, the motor should stop rotating, even the L Receiver is still high. Then If the C receiver becomes active, the will turn right, and will go back in place. Same goes with the right.

What should I do with the program? I'm using PIC16f84, and Assembly language programming. I have little idea with delays and timers. Hope you can help..

Are you using some kind of servo motor controller or are you controlling it from the MCU?

Hi Sharkfire.

Are you using a hobby servo motor?
If so, please include the source file for the m/controller, so that we can start tracing where is the problem.
Do you mean you have three sensors? left sensor, center sensor and right sensor
Are going to build a line follower robot? If so, please list down all of the component you a using in the project and also the schematic, so that we can find where is the problem. If not, leave this question. Tq

'Learn till you die'
Pian.

If you are using PWM controlled RC servos then they should not turn 360 deg. Check if the motors are in good condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back