Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling Over The Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8ter87

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi edaboard forumers..

Currently i'm working on wifi spy robot project..
The wireless part all done already done,now left the final part which controlling the robot over the internet..
I tried to do some research on the internet,but could not understand in detail on how it can be achieved..
Hope you guyz can help me on how this thing can be done..

Thanx

i think can help you
scroll down to the AVR ethernet / web server section

you should start from the first article 2006-06: An AVR microcontroller based Ethernet device (the last in the index list) dated 2006-06, then read the articles going up for more applications.

Alex

No its a custom c program, you can open the download area and download the source code , this is for the first article
the link is at the end of each article
It is designed for avrgcc and atmega 88

Alex

Alex,

I'm still blur on this thing...so if i want do control over internet,i need to use outside server rite??
Can you explain bit on this..still cant clear image about this..

I have send the link because its the only design i know that allows to control something through Internet (i assume wifi too),
it uses the TCP or UDP protocol and has explanation about the protocols too, perhaps you need some other custom protocol but i can't help you on that.
The specific design uses a server on the avr and uses a computer to send or receive info or control something, i thought you wanted something like that.
I only know what i read there so i can't tell you any more than you read in the articles.

Alex

you can control using LAN also. from putty / teraterm / minicom (LINUX) also. what OS are you using, and which controller in specifically you use

you can control using LAN also. from putty / teraterm / minicom (LINUX) also. what OS are you using, and which controller in specifically you use

Hi ckshivaram,

I'm planning to use LAN..But don't understand on how it can be achieve..I'm using windows xp..
can you guide how to do it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back