Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

controlling firing angle of scr

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbas1707

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
firing angle of scr

plz tell me how to interface silicon controlled rectifier with 8051 ??? to control its firing angle:?:

scr firing angle

refer to
:arrow:#811396
:arrow:#812567
:arrow:#812952

firing angle in scr

Dear budhy,

Abbas is asking about SCR not Traic, how to control the firing angle of SCR

abbas1707 said:
plz tell me how to interface silicon controlled rectifier with 8051 ??? to control its firing angle:?:

firing angle scr

ashad wrote:
Abbas is asking about SCR not Traic, how to control the firing angle of SCR
FYI : you can control firing angle of SCR with the same way as controlling Triac...

firing angle for scr

oooh ..... ur using MOC3021 ..... it is opto traic use to fire the traic for both cycle +ve and -ve

if we use opto triac thenin -ve cycle the reverse voltage will generate on the SCR gate then SCR may be under go in reverse breakdown region...........

that's why i am asking

57_1179554899.jpg

what is firing angle in scr

Yous miss interpreted th graph! Negative pulse on SCR gate would not triggered the SCR, and there are no relation with "SCR may be under go in reverse breakdown region........... "

Note: the graph is VI characteristics of the SCR with gate open, not a SCR triggering characteristic!

But that is not the main point, abbas1707 is asking about controlling firing angle, not triggering circuit.

firing angle controller

if u use opto SCR then may be this problem will solve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back