Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling Elevator Geared Motors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katty-fox

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I want to control Geared Motors for elevator .
these motors has 2 speed for slow and fast applications. and Thermoregulator for controlling fan and a brake magnet.
1 - with connecting three phase power does motor works immediately or needs some start up considerations?
2 - the control of fan is automatically or manual? if answer is manual what is the algorithm of control?
3 - how to measure the current of each phase?

any information of controlling of these type of motors will be usefull for me . Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

this is the datasheet of motor :

Attachments

• Gearbox HW134L_630kg_60Hz VVVF_0.pdf
    262.2 KB · Views: 39
  • P-7103-BGM.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
  • MF-48 Catalogue.pdf
    350.9 KB · Views: 53

From memory, when I last pressed a lift button, the motor started immediately, i.e. they are DOL started. But this may depend on the "stiction" of the load.
If they need to be fan cooled, use a thermostat and a different supply for the fan, so the fan can run when the lift motor has stopped.
Use a clip on ammeter.
Frank

thanks chuckey.
yes the fan should be connected to 1 phase of 3 phase . I found a picture of motor . it may be useful.
Untitled.jpg

1- I want to know about FTS and FTO .
2- The voltage of controlling the Brake magnet.

- - - Updated - - -

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 46

The motor is a two speed motor, so it is started in the low speed then needs to be switched into its high speed mode when the lift speed is high enough.
80 & FTO are the temperature monitoring kit, In motors I have worked with the resistance rise and trips at 600 ohms
S4 fan supply
S7 fan supply tripped warning light.
I would have thought the brake supply would be DC, modulated by a "braking effort" signal.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.