Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling a modem using AT commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damith.J

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have recently bought Multitech MTSMC-G2. AT commands are working fine. But when the SIM is entered it does not get registered with the network. AT+CPIN? returns ready signal. So I think the SIM is entered correct. I am from Sri Lanka. Is there special hardware requirements or commands that I should use to setup the GSM modem for my network. My network is Mobitel in Sri Lanka.

Further I have connected a suitable antenna as well. Still it gives the reply 99 which is for "No Signal" for the AT command AT+CSQ.

try with new sim card.. it may be problem of pin lock.. so try it with fresh and new unlocked sim card..

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. The AT+CPIN command replied "READY" so I thought pin lock is not the problem. Further more I inserted the same sim for a modem of a different brand of my friend. And I was able to send and receive sms successfully. That's why it has become a big issue for me.
AT+CREG is a failure as well. Have I missed anything in configuring the modem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back