Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controller - regulator of brushless motor BLDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

gres

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

However it should be three phase motor, star or triangle connection, with inventer as a regulator.
There are many projects of regulators, at internet, but their authors don't like to share the software for processors and source versions.
I started to search at 2002 when people start to rebuilt cd-rom's engines to model engines. At 2004 I found project by Bernard Konze with Atmel processor. That was great help for me.

Diagram is typical for amateurs solutions, without hall sensors, EMS measure by coils, and IGBT or MOSFET transistors. Regulation for RPM typical for three phase engines by change of current frequency.
It is easy to understood how it works if you know how three phase motor work.

70_1258807069.jpg

Construction of three phase motor.
Three phase motors with permanet magnet are feeding by trapezium voltage ( sometimes square), or sin wave. Those first one are called Brushless Direct Curent Motor (BLDC), second one are zyli Permanent Magnet Synchronus Motor (PMS). This project concern BLDC

5_1258807087.jpg

At pictures below we can see perfect current timing in three - phase motor, with bipolar sterring.

Example of bipolar motor driver

82_1258807112.jpg

As always there were some problems with elements, like printed circuit board.
Transistors I 've found in USA with SO8 casing. You provably need a lot of them couse it's easy to burn
Here you can see pictures of boards in SO8 casing

Full description you can find at https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/v...&start=0&sid=dbe87bcec7a4d416582234f5c01ee84a

Status
Not open for further replies.