Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

controller not getting burned..

Status
Not open for further replies.

beyondH

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hellow experts,,

the point is that yesterday night when i switched it on one of my project(gsm interfacing with 89s52--which was initially working),, it showed nothing....I reburned the controller many a times but no effect..

then i tried out with a simple led blink program(on a developing board),, and that is not working too!!!!
then
i thought it may be burner problem,, so I used a different burner but it also shows same problem.....
on PC interface the software shows successful completition of burning but even the led blink program is not working.....
I have tried this with more than 4 microcontrollers ....

Kindly help me with this..

Kindly explain in detail about your circuit used for 89S52. Mean basically a reset circuit arround Pin 9, 5vDC Vcc for pin 31 and 40, GND to pin 20 and Crystal for 18 and 19 are required to make it work. As per your words above, i guess its your hardware and not the programmer which is faulty. Posting your cicruit will fetch you better replies and sugessions too.
Cheers

sir,,
actually the point is that i have been using the circuit for quite a long time and everything is working fine till yesterday...
i have already checked the basic things...

the point of confusion is that if i burn even a led blinking program into my 89s52 and then running into my "development board", it is factory made(its like training kit)..so no point of mistake in that...then even that program is not working....

and the software in the pc shows no error while programming...it says sucessfull programming
(sorry for the bad quality pics)

Despite the development board may be a commercial one, Re- check the Crystal, and all the voltages. Too confirm that the board is supporting 89S52. Coz most development boards use Flash magic and are built arround V89C51 RD2.
Cheers

@thannara123--bro I have used other programmer also which is usb based.!!

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 18:45 ----------

btw sir,, I think i have pointed out the problem..
a new microcontroller is working(the same program) burned using another burner..
does this means ki my programmer has something wrong...
the at89c2051 is getting heat up....

Check what volatge your programmer delivers at the Vcc pin. If the Microcontroller heats up, the voltage must be above 5V.
Cheers

no sir,, voltage is 5v only and moreover sir,
for burning 89s52 the needed 2051(already programmed) is getting heated up not the 89s52..(89s52 is not heating up)..

in the pic uploaded above,, the 2051 is just left side of the power wires coming in...and in the front is the uC.(89s52)

Status
Not open for further replies.