Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Control Relays need guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.

javaboy

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends;
I am new one in this field. I want to control 10 relays through serial or parallel or usb port. I read many articles but still confusing. I have a laptop with USB ports no D9 type serial port no parallel port in it.
Friends Kindly guide me what can i do and how i achive this task. I want to design the software in VB 2008.
Please help me in this issu.
Regards

If you want to use serial then you need ftdi chips to convert from usb to serial. USB port can also be used for HID, Serial but for that you have to deal with software, eliminating the ftdi chip. :) In order to control the relays you need to control it using transistor to externally power it up :)

Hi friends;
Is it possible to control 10 relays with serial port as u suggest?
how if u give me any link for how i complete this task i appriciate u and very thankfull.
Regards

Google "Serial Relay Controller" and you will receive many links that you should find useful. There are commercial products, kits with full schematics available, as well as articles on using a microcontroller and serial port to control relays...

For most of the cortex chipsets that are out, the usb stack is usually free. Why don't you buy a eval board like the STM3210B board. From there you can create your relay circuit and connect to the GPIO of the STM32. The USB stack for the STM32 is easy to follow and I use it quite often.

Friends;
I download an example from net in which relays are controlled through serial port. But i confuse on following statement please describe it
'Set all outputs to High
MSComm1.Output = "A" + "H" + "0" + Chr$(13)
what parameters stands for can i change it to energized the relay one by one when i want?
Regards

Friends can anyone send me any link where relays are controlled through vb2008. I have a hardware 8 relay board. I want just on and off from each invidual button on the form.
Regards

Thanks For article i study it but now i am worried about the hardware. How i make the hardware myself toexecute it?
Reagrds

Hardware is easier... you need to ue the software to help you. Hardwar its only few relays,microcontroller and the cable, but how to manipulate it greaty depends on the software :)

i download the code from the link and execute in vb 2008 seems good. but hardware parts and values not found in any file?

Dear friends
Please help me i want to control 8 numbers relay through parallel port if serial i am unfimiliar with micro controller programming i want to use vb 2008 for that purpose.
regards
hamad

Thanks;
I have this rar file and schmetic as well. But the problem is that the code in delphi language i want to use this hardware from VB 2008. But i do not know about the micro controller programming and as well as how i handle this hardware?
Sir i really worried about that.
Actually i want to control 10 relays and read signals 0 to 10 volt and 4 to 20 mA from serial or parallel or usb what u suggest. and help me.
I can make a PCB (hardware) as per ur or friends suggestion.
My email is sultanhamad_te@yahoo.com
Regards

Please help me on my post.
Regards

Hi friends;
I am new one in this field. I want to control 10 relays through serial or parallel or usb port. I read many articles but still confusing. I have a laptop with USB ports no D9 type serial port no parallel port in it.
Friends Kindly guide me what can i do and how i achive this task. I want to design the software in VB 2008.
Please help me in this issu.
Regards
What you need is a Relay board which can be connected to a USB board. USB Relay controller by Protosmart appears as a Virtual COM port so it can be handled the same way as a generic Serial port. Also, they provide source code in Visual basic. Looks ideal for you requirements?

hye..check out this.. all your problm have been solve here.. hardware part, vb part and even program for microcontroller..
thelocxresearch.tk

for vb program you can download here, make sure u use vb 2008..

Attachments

• Serial Communication.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 36

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back