Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

control circuit for driving scr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimpi

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am making a control circuit for driving back to back 2 SCRs..here is the attached pdf ..please have a look on the schematic..the operation i have understood by seeing the video

[video=youtube;W24V9R15fZ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

what is the use of resistor in it.??what if we dont put the resistor R3 and R4..??n if its required how the value to be decided??
first i thought R3 and R4 as gate current limiting resistor ..but seeing the video i could make out that during positive as well as negative half cycle,the path doesnot pass through resistors..then what is the use of that??

May be its a silly ques to ask but please be patient with me and help me to understand by rplying.

thanx in advance

Attachments

• scr.pdf
    9 KB · Views: 99
Last edited by a moderator:

doesn't make sense to me, either. do you have the rest of the circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back