Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Control Circuit & Circuit Breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehabzaky

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I am using a Triac to switch ON/OFF an AC light by a signal from micro controller. My question is where to put this control circuit related to home circuit breaker?

Currently without the control circuit the main power source is going to the circuit breaker then to the light. Will the control circuit being put before the circuit breaker or after it?
i. e. which of the following diagrams is correct?

Breaker.png

Hi,

After the circuit breaker. Your top circuit.

Klaus

Hi,

After the circuit breaker. Your top circuit.

Klaus

Thanks for reply.

In this case if there is a short or problem at the load will this damage my control circuit before the Circuit Breaker fires?

Hi,

you have to choose (specify) your circuit breaker according your control circuit.

Klaus

Hi,

you have to choose (specify) your circuit breaker according your control circuit.

Klaus

What you mean by "choose"? You mean current rating of circuit breaker? My control circuit is a simple Triac circuit as per the below diagram.

snubber.png

Hi,

hold current, trip current, timing of trip depending on current, I^2t rating....

You need to read triac datasheet first, then specify the fuse data.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.