Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Control a motor with a H-bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkdelabaca

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tle5205 application

Hello,

I need to control a motor (12v, 100mA) with 2 directions. I tested the L293 but in the internal transistors, the saturation voltage is high and the final voltage applied in to de motor is about 10v.

Somebody knows a H-BRIDGE with MOSFET (low resistance)?

Regards!!

tle5205 h-bridge example

Take a look at TLE5205 which is a bit more modern than the old L293. Maybe it's a bit to strong for your application but it makes a good job.

Gomez

bridge ld293 pdf

The LMD18200 is fine but a bit overkill for 100mA

irf7317 h-bridge

HI!!

Thanks for the aid! But I know the components TLE5205 and LMD18200. I am looking for a component in SMD. For example, IRF have dual small transistors (P & N MOSFETS) in SO8, but y need all 4 transistors in the same chip.

Dual N and P Channel MOSFET:
http://www.irf.com/product-info/datasheets/data/irf7317.pdf

See you!!

irf7317 motor

Check you schematic....it seems porblem lies there. LD293 should work fine...with the above parameters, as it is darlington transistor driven.

tle5205 example

Hi Jack// ani,

The L293 works fine, but the saturation voltage of the internal transistors is high. I am looking for a similar component with less saturation voltage.

kkdelabaca.

L6201 - L6202 are DMOS device from ST with an Rdson of 0.3Ohm

Hi there ,
I have used L293D before , check the datashet , it should work fine for ur conditions
It can supply a max of 1.2A current and can be operated at a Voltage of 36V . I think u
r mistaken , the 8th Pin of L293D controls the Speed of the motor

Tally ho!
Ankur

Status
Not open for further replies.