Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Control 20A- 12V DC motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishy71

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I wanna control speed of motor witch one is 12V - 20 AMP(actually 15AMP)
can u help me plz! can I use PWM to control this motor?
thanks

Yes, you can use PWM to control this motor. To control the speed only, you can use one MOSFET/BJT to control the motor. To control the direction as well, you need to implement a full-bridge circuit.

At this power level, I'd recommend that you use a MOSFET. What is the frequency of PWM that you are going to use?

You can use a POWER MOSFET, which has a low Rds(on). So, you minimize power loss and increase efficiency. However, this will require a driver circuit that will provide the MOSFET with around 10v from the logic level of the microcontroller and also supply more current.

Alternately, you can use a logic level MOSFET. However, they tend to have higher Rds(on). By using a logic level MOSFET, you can drive the MOSFET directly from the microcontroller. STP55NF06L is among the better logic level MOSFETs I've come across. It has an Rds(on) of about 18mohm. This is quite low for a logic level MOSFET and even comparable to POWER MOSFETs. The IRFZ44N has a higher Rds(on) than STP55NF06L. Using a logic level MOSFET simplifies the drive circuit.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Reactions: vishy71

vishy71

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Reactions: vishy71 and FvM

FvM

vishy71

Hi

thanks anybody.thanks
I must try all of youre ways.so this treat must be cosed! if i find an error or problem I will be come back.thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back