Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Continuously Variable AC-DC Power Supply Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvaghela

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need to design continuously variable (variation needs to be controlled digitally using micro-controller) power supply which can provide 1-20 V DC and AC @ 8-10A (shared between AC and DC out). I have some limitation on form-factor of design so I have very limited scope to use 1-20V seconday variac due to it's size.
Could anyone please suggest me what way I should go?

Thanks in advance!
-KV

Specicially designed IC should be employed to do this.

I means you possibly can't find a general-purpose IC for this now. Pls ask a IC company to customize one for you.

Thanks for the suggestion LEO, but that could be very expensive for me.
I have designed one PSU which has multiple tapping toroidal tranformer (230V primary/ 0,5 to 17V secondary @ 8A), can I use that transformer and SOMETHING to fine tune voltages in steps of 100mV? e.g I am using 5 and 6 V tapping to output 1V AC, 5 and 7 for 2VAC, and so on, now I need some mechanism to between 1V step to provide resolution of 100mV.

Status
Not open for further replies.