Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Continously Variable Slope-Delta Modulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amr Wael

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello , I am trying to understand how does CVSD Modulator works. The block diagram of the CVSD is below , I understand that the overload algorithm detects whether the previous 3 bits of the modulated signal are all 1s or all zeros. and based on this signal is controls the charging or discharging of the syllabic filter. What I don't understand is what's the relation or the equation that describes the relation between the output of the syllabic filter and the PAM. I understand the PAM is going to decrease or increase the signal by a step size of delta based on the polarity control signal. But what's the relation between the step size delta and between the output of the syllabic filter?

Thank you very much in advance.

1655199522406.png

Status
Not open for further replies.