Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Constructing a super heterodyne??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Learner

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
74hc4066 mixer

Hello friends,
I am looking to construct an audio spectrum analyzer (bandwidth ≤ 20khz) using super heterodyne but I am not quite sure what part I should use, I am aware of mixer ICs on the market but their purpose are mainly focused for communication use. After reading the book Radio Frequency Integrated Circuit Design on mixers, I was wondering if it is possible to use an analog switch such as the CD4066 switching by a local oscillator as a mixer?

74hc4066 as amixer

Any thought on this approach people??

cd4066 heterodyne circuit

Yes, you can use 4066 or 74HC4066.

ahmad_abdulghany said:
Borber said:
Yes, you can use 4066 or 74HC4066.

I think that 74HC4066 will be more stable than the CMOS 4066,
BR
Ahmad,

Hi Ahmad,
Would you be able to clarify why this is the case? I donno what's the difference between a CD4066 and a 74HC4066.

Thanks!

I had used both before (about 3 years ago) and the 74HC4066 was much stable, CD4066 was sensitive to human approach, and touch, however you can compansate it using some pull-down high resistors.
That's a practical notice!

and i hope it helps somehow!
Good Luck :)
Ahmad,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back