Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connection from arduino board to antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionking22

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all.

I intend to connect a 2.45 GHz antenna designed from CST software with a arduino board, is there anyone here have related experience to give me some clue?

The coaxial cable which designed as 50 ohm can be directly solder with a jumper wire connected to the output of antenna?
Will the radiation pattern or antenna efficiency affected due to the noise caused by soldering?

Any other recommendation are welcome.
Thank you. =)

This should work just fine but try to keep the transition from micro-strip to coax as short as possible. Do not allow for the center conductor of the coax to be exposed more than you need for soldering purposes to avoid parasitic or unintentional inductance in the line. Not all coax provides a perfect 50 ohms so it may shift the tuning of your antenna slightly so you should measure it through the cable if possible. You can adjust for the miss-match with a circuit on the board after so make sure you have some pads in place for this.

The arduino is a controller board. As far as I know there is not 2.4 GHz communications circuitry on it. Are you using a arduino that DOES have a wireless communications portion on board? If so , post us a link to the board info, and we can comment on it.

Hi all, Thanks for the reply.
I m actually getting the idea from this link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyb644-U6eg
Just I have to change the relay into 8 antenna.

The technical salesman recommended me to use arduino uno and xbee shield attach with a blue tooth module,
Refer the arduino uno and xbee shield here : https://www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pcode=SHIELD-XBEE&name=XBee Shield (without module)

The problem i found is that the arduino uno have several analog output, and i m not sure whether the output of the arduino uno can directly apply to the feed of antenna. I know only the input for antanna is sine wave only. So izzit possible to integrate all 3 parts of antenna, arduino and android all together?

Joel: How long u suggest for the cable? 10 cm acceptable? Thank you for ur detail explaination. It helps alot!
Biff : U are right, but i m really new to arduino, somemore there is already some module design integrated with 2.4 GHz antenna, my project is to add my fabricated antenna on it, not buy and use antenna. Thanks for the help. =)

Just I have to change the relay into 8 antenna.
The antenna is very visible in that youtube link?? No need for more antennas.
the arduino uno have several analog output, and i m not sure whether the output of the arduino uno can directly apply to the feed of antenna.
It can't, Way too high frequency.
Arduino digital pins<->RF module<->antenna

E kafeman: Thanks for your reply. =)

Do you have another solution for me to try out?

- - - Updated - - -

E kafeman: Thanks for your reply. =)

Do you have another solution for me to try out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back