Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

connection between pcb editor and schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
how if you try this.. open up the pcb editor-create new project, then click setup>user prference>logic then tick on the "logic edit enable"
then apply..
after that, go to, logic>part logic> then click to the physical part, find the dip14_3..
if you able to place, extract the footprint to new folder then add new libary part to that folder..

*.pad files contain the a set of padstack information for a single pad shape. These are used within a footprint as the pads, the footprint file is saved as a *.dra. As stated earlier, check that there is a *.pad file present for every different pad shape withing the footprint.
Oper the *.dra file and query the pads, then check there is a *.pad file present.

lockman,
the logic menu item does not have an option for part logic or pysical part....it oly has
-identify DC Nets
-Assign RefDes
-Auto Rename RefDes

marce,
what do you mean by query the pads?

sorry if im asking too many questions...i ve been at this for a week and i ve not gone past the placement of parts stage...little frustrated!
thank you

Open the *.dra file in PCB Editor, select one of the pads, right click and choose "show element" and you get a view as per the attachement.
Padstack name will have (or should have) a corresponding *.pad file.

Attachments

• 1SE.png
    1SE.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 64

right clicking on a pad does not produce a drop down menu. however, if i go to display->element; then right click shows temp group/reject
on going to show properties->package hieight max; it shows filled rectangle at -50.00,-675.00 on subclass PACE_BOUND_TOP
PACKAGE_HEIGHT_MAX=210 MIL
does this mean it is asociated with a pad file or not?

sry but where do you find that?

its version 10.5

no wonder it not there.. im talking about 16.3 version..
anyway, try to create new design, then place the dip14_3. if it can place properly, extract the footprint to the new folder that you create before..
then try reopen your project and place the component again..

Last edited:

i tried placing it in a completely new design....dip,lccp,qfp footprints are not getting placed...indepndent of the component it was assigned to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back