Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

connecting to communication ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buts101

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need to connect to comm. port which is already open by another appz. i need to log data transfer from that comm. port. actually it is for winlirc program. i need to see the bit decoding from ir signal.
i/o commander and another comm port doesn't allow to connect to the comm. port which are already opened.

plz help how can i log those data?
thank you

The receiver circuit diagram for winlirc shows an IR receiver connected to a handshaking pin, not a serial data pin. I think that monitoring the port activity on receive will just show the program reading the status of the DCD pin repeatedly.
You can read the DCD pin yourself without winlirc running.

Winlirc is open source, I thoink you would be better to add some code to winlirc to save the raw data.

i tried to understand the source codes of winlirc...but couldn't...
could u plz tell me how to store raw data in terms of bits ?
thank you

Hi all,

i am new to programming in VisualC#.NET.

Is there any (simple) way in which i can access the COM port (read/write to XML device connected to it) using either Wndows Application (prefered) or Console Application!!

The "using System.IO.Ports" is not available in VS.NET 2003. Likewise the 'MSComm' control.

Please help.. thanks

you can use mscomm form VB

or

you have to use dotnet framework 2.0, VS dotnet 2005 can support you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back