Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

connecting linux with win2000 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-goe

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
As I'm just in the experimental fase of Linux(Redhat8.0) I have a quetion of it?

My problem: My 2 Pc's are connected via a router (Alcatel Speed Touch Pro) and one PC runs as a server (win2000 installed on it). On the other PC I ran two OS(i.e Win98 and RedHat Linux). Wat I want to do is to connect my Win2000 server to the RedHat client.

Can somebody help me with this?

Windows-Linux connectivity is best handled with Samba. A lot has been written about Samba, you can find many articles in the internet. If you want Windows2000 to access Linux resources you must install a Samba server in the second (believe me, it is very easy) and the you will be able to see them as in that case of any other LAN connected Windows machine. I suggest to read the Samba-HOWTO.

Status
Not open for further replies.