Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

connecting different supply pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakr

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have made two different parts, and I have identified the supply pins in “supply and NC” tab in the “pin mapping window” of the “pin editor” of the “Library Manager”. For the first part I used “3.3V” and in the second one I used “VDD33”. The problem arises when I want to connect those two pins. As the supply pins doesn’t appear in the symbol, I created two nets with two labels “3.3V” and “VDD33” and I want to connect the together. I use DxDesigner for schematic capture.

Of course there is an easy solution by renaming one of the pins, but is there any work around to connect the two pins without altering the naming of the pins.

Best regards

Not easily.

The best way to handle this, is have the supply pin on the symbol.
It's even allowable to have the same supply pin show up multiple times
on the schematic, as long as the pin is defined as a PWR/GND pin (example, logic symbols that have 2,4,8 gates etc)

The other way to connect two different signals together is with a Jumper symbol/part.

The cell for this symbol would be two pads that are shorted together with a drawn line instead of a trace (fooling the system, such that DRC will not report an error)

Sakr

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back