Not open for further replies.

spid3rx

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I discover that different location of the pigtail on my antenna DUT board will have different S11 and smith chart results. I do I determine that my rework is the correct ones? How do I detect the hotspot on the board and try to route away my sma pig tail from it?

thanks,
spid3rx

Is normal to get different S11 placing the pigtail on different locations of the PCB, due to different grounding points. Ideally is to chose a ground point very close to the DUT.

should I always consider to avoid the grounding hotspot area on the pcb ? when you mentioned close to DUT, can it be near
to the antenna that I am going to measure? wouldn't the ground point near the near the antenna is the most sensitive and
high E field location?

thanks

Theoretically near ground is the best, but in reality depends by particular layout (ground vias, length of ground traces, ground layers, parasitic inductance, etc).
The ground should be solid, ideally top layer, with no fragmentation, and closer as possible by the point of test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…