Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connect Voice Switched Speakerphone IC to CODEC problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

eepty

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to make a VoIP speakerphone but now I found echo problem (sound from speaker loop back to the microphone). I use a normal audio CODEC so it does not have echo cancellation feature. So now I want to find an IC which I can add in the analog path (e.g between the microphone/speaker and CODEC) to solve the problem. I found some IC called Voice Switched Speakerphone IC which is designed for normal telephone. Basically it changes the full-duplex conversation to half-duplex.

One of these IC : **broken link removed**

I want to ask if I can connect the transmit in/out pin of this kind of IC to the microphone/speaker pin of the CODEC? (in the other words, I want to feed the signal out from the voice switched IC to the CODEC).

As I do not want to change the CODEC which I am using, apart from the voice switched IC I mentioned, is there any other method I can employ?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.