Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connect two uC's trought GPRS (without PPP stack)?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcube_ns

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to connect 2 uC's and both are connected via RS232 to an Enfora Spider modem. The uC's don't have any PPP stack. I just need to send plain ASCII information from on uC to another. I have already done it with SMS, but we would like to change to GPRS.

I have SIM cards with fixed IP addresses.

Someone told me that Enfora has PPP to serial converter, if does how to activate them.
Can anybody help?

Mr.Cube

I already done that GPRS connect SERVER.
Because the GPRS is not fixed Ip,2 GPRS connect have problem.

JOHN

Jonh you dont read carefully what I'm wrote.

Any ideas?!?

Mr.Cube

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
mrcube_ns said:
Jonh you dont read carefully what I'm wrote.

Any ideas?!?

Mr.Cube

Even with fixed IP address you may not be able to route the packets if the provider has not configured internetworking routes. Are they public ip address or onky valid inside the provider network ??

I can do ping when I connect on 2 PC from windows (I ask and provider let me to do that). Basicly provider do all routing inside.

Mr.Cube

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hi .. with AT+CGDCONT you Define PDP Context .. afaik most supported pdp type is IP. however some modern gprs modems can do ppp stack for you so you just connect on tcp level and can send data through

Thanks to all posts.

I made it, its work.

Enfora has PPP to serial converter in inself, so your devices dont need to have PPP stack inplemented, Enfora do everything. Trick is to activate this converter.

For further information try on:

www.enfora.com

Mr.Cube

Hi All,

It is odd that you need the PPP operation by all means, unless you are using the mobile module to dial-up to an ISP.

Normally, my experience is that, after activate the GPRS, you just need to send up one side as server (listen to a local port), and the other side as a client (connect to the remote port).

This is similar to two computers connected to same network, the only way to connect to each other with ethernet is a server-client communication.

Any comment ?

It is odd that you need the PPP operation by all means, unless you are using the mobile module to dial-up to an ISP.

Normally, my experience is that, after activate the GPRS, you just need to send up one side as server (listen to a local port), and the other side as a client (connect to the remote port).

This is similar to two computers connected to same network, the only way to connect to each other with ethernet is a server-client communication.

Any comment ?

YES, but MC35 cant work on that way. It's simple GSM/GPRS modem without any advanced features.

I resolve problem by replacing MC35 with enfora modem which has that features.

Thanks.

Mr.Cube

Mr.Cube,

Pls tell me from where you get Static IP SIM cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back