Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Connect the core ESD power clamp to power mesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenv07

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

could you tell me how to connect the core ESD power clamp cell to the power mesh in Cadence Innovus? There are multiple ports with the same name VDDESD and VSSEDS in the core ESD cell, but the Cadence Innovus only recognizes one pair of VDDESD and VSSESD. Then, it connects one pair of VDDESD and VSSEDS to the power ring.
My concern is how to tell Innovus to connect all ports VDDESD and VSSESD to the power mesh.

The core ESD power clamp is placed inside the core area of a chip, and it connects to the power mesh, and the power bump is also connected to the power mesh.

Best,
Steve.

check the documentation of the command that creates the global net connections. you can use the * operator to identify any set of instances or sub-instances

check the documentation of the command that creates the global net connections. you can use the * operator to identify any set of instances or sub-instances

I applied this command to the design, but Innovus did not connect all esd ports to the power mesh.

Thanks,
Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back