Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

connect 4 tubes to electronic ballast

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajudp

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can we connect 4 tubes 18w to a single electronic ballast by adding 3 more inductors parts. i searched the web but most of them using maximum 2 tubes

You may use 4 tubes of 4W in parallel, but if you want to increase its capacity, you need to wind up a new transformer, and not an inductor. You must also check the Watt- Rating of the Transistor that powers the transformer...if you need more help regarding this.....you may contact me....

Regards

Rachit

technorachit said:
You may use 4 tubes of 4W in parallel, but if you want to increase its capacity, you need to wind up a new transformer, and not an inductor. You must also check the Watt- Rating of the Transistor that powers the transformer...if you need more help regarding this.....you may contact me....
Regards Rachit
As we all know in India we still use conventional chokes and ignitors to illuminate 400watt HID lamps. Is there any electronic alternative to the same application? Cheers

dear technorachit,
i want 4 x 18w tube in one electronic ballast. an there is only an inductor ( choke ) in the circuit. the transformer is a small torrid common for almost all watt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back