Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Confusion about MIC29302

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystallin

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, everyone! I am new here with my confusion. I search a part MIC29302 as I was looking for its datasheet. I know MIC29302 is a series. I check the part information on a website bitfoic electronics and its official manufacturer microchip. I found that there are two images of this part on both two websites. The five pins in one of the images are bent and another is straight. What is the difference between the two types of pins? Is the difference only in the package? I am not sure whether I am right. Who can solve my confusion?

You surely want to follow the manufacturer datasheet. The linear voltage regulator comes in SMD and THT packages, 3 and 5 pin versions available.

Hi,

I agree with FvM.

For future posts:
* give a link to the datasheet, directly at the manufacturer website
* or a link to the manufacturer website of the device (where you can find additional related informations)
* if you talk about different packages, then please add their names to avoid confusion

This way it's more easy to help... you will get faster reply, more reply and more focussed reply.

Klaus

Hi,

the 7.5 A versions MIC29751 and MIC29752 are available in THT packages only. Which makes sense, as such high current will cause quite some power-loss/heat, when sourced by a linear regulator. The THT package allows the use of a heatsink much easier as for an SMD version. Have a look on the thermal resistance of the individual packages, mentioned in the DS. In section 4.1 they address the thermal design, as well as in [1].

[1] http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/appnotes/ah-17.pdf

BR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back