Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Configuring a Spartan 6 FPGA to be used as HDMI receiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elektronman

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a Atlys dev board with Spartan 6 and HDMI ports included
Does anyone know how to configure this FPGA to work as HDMI receiver?
Thank you very much

Does anyone know how to configure this FPGA to work as HDMI receiver?

Sure. Research and work. :p

Research what IP is already available. And work because I bet you won't find any single ready to go downloadable project out there that will turn your Atlys into a HDMI receiver. And if you do, please send the link so I can try it on my own Atlys board.

That said, digilent does provide some demo projects with HDMI that you can use as a start. Just grab it from their website if you don't already have it. For other parts you can look around on opencores.org and see if they happen to have something you need.

Also, congrats on your choice of Atlys for your HDMI receiver project. It's a pretty good fit for something liek this. It's certainly a lot better IMO than trying to roll your own as you originally considered in previous threads. :)

---------- Post added at 23:33 ---------- Previous post was at 23:13 ----------

Some semi-random links:

Digilent Inc. - Digital Design Engineer's Source

Digilent Atlys Resources | Joel's Compendium of Total Knowledge

Sensicomm LLC - Signals, sensors, comms: Atlys and HDMI on Linux

Thank you,
Indeed Atlys board has everything I need for my project: HDMI, USB ports ... I found a good deal on ebay and went for it, although somewhat out of budget (paid 300$ whereas I wanted to keep a max production cost of 200$.. but after lot of thinking I concluded this was the most benefical solution)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back