Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Configuration of internet connection under ubuntu9.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

wachhad

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Sir, Hello (aslem alaikom)
I am just a beginner in ubuntu OS
I try to configure my internet connexion but can’t do it
I go to : System, Preferences, Network Connections
Then I chose DSL, Add,
And I Field my Username, Password , then I finish
Wired network connection ‘Auto etho’ active
But if I chose my DSL connection
Dialogue window opened ” Allow access”: I chose always Allow
But after that no internet connection
If I open internet explorer I have error message
Problem loading page , server not found
So please help me as soon as possible,
With my best wishes,
Thank you in advance.
Email: benlekhdimahmed@hotmail.fr

Re: Configuration of internet connexion under ubuntu9.10

"Auto eth0" means you are connecting to an ethernet network port. If you are using an external DSL modem this is correct but the modem needs to know your username and password, not Ubuntu.

If you are using an external modem, it logs in for you and you just use the LAN to connect to it. Check the instructions for your modem it should tell you how to do this, usually you use the web browser (which isn't Internet Explorer!) and enter the IP address of the modem, for example it might be 192.168.1.1 and it will show you the set-up page where you enter the login information. That IP address is different from one model to another so check the instructions for the correct numbers to use.

Why are you using a two year old version of Ubuntu? The latest released version is 11.10.

Brian.

"Auto eth0" means you are connecting to an ethernet network port. If you are using an external DSL modem this is correct but the modem needs to know your username and password, not Ubuntu.

If you are using an external modem, it logs in for you and you just use the LAN to connect to it. Check the instructions for your modem it should tell you how to do this, usually you use the web browser (which isn't Internet Explorer!) and enter the IP address of the modem, for example it might be 192.168.1.1 and it will show you the set-up page where you enter the login information. That IP address is different from one model to another so check the instructions for the correct numbers to use.

Why are you using a two year old version of Ubuntu? The latest released version is 11.10.

Brian.

Thank you very much betwixt
I can connect in the INTERNET using WINDOWS OS by the same modem "Huawei SmartAX MT880" with any problem,
So the last problem just if I use ubuntu9.10 !!!
Thank you again

How do you have configured the network in windows?
If the Huawei SmartAX MT880 is a modem you have it to configure like way you described. But if it is a router you have to enter the username and password on the device. In this case you should only plug the network cable to your machine and open the web browser. If it worked with windows the device should be configured already.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

I think this is a USB modem. Am I right? Then you have to configure it for Ubuntu.

Did you install drivers for Windows?

I think this is a USB modem. Am I right? Then you have to configure it for Ubuntu.

Did you install drivers for Windows?

Hello, asalam alaikom

No it is not a USB modem.

I Did not install drivers for Windows.

thank you

I think you can find your solution here:

**broken link removed**

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

How have you connected to the internet in windows?
Have you done some network settings?

How have you connected to the internet in windows?
Have you done some network settings?

I have the internet connection in windows by the network settings steps :
Panneau de configuration , Réseau et internet , Option internet , Connextions , Configurer , Configurer une novelle conextion , Haut debit (ADSL) :
Nom d'utilisateur
Mot de passe
Nom de la connextion
Connect

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.