Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

COMSOL vs CST or HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

abuantenna

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
comsol vs

Hi,

Is there any comparison between COMSOL (FEMLAB) and CST or HFSS. Is there any special advise or for which kind of problems to use COMSOL ??

Thanks in advance.

comsol cst hfss

Hi
I used all these software and my opinion is that
FEMLAB is a very good tool when you have to solve a
highly specialized problem such as a coupled problem

CST and Ansoft seems to me a better solution for a general purpose tool

SL

comsol hfss

Hello,

I understood the opposite.
I understood that MW CST and HFSS designed to solve microwave and high frequency problems.
COMSOL is general tool and it has very nice modules for each application. So, it is general tool, isn't it ?

comsol and hfss

HFSS and CST are highly specialized EM-Solver. I believe that the specialized solvers are more effective. Most EM design use specialized tools and not general purpose DE-Solvers.

However, in tools like COMSOL you might have more flexibility if you have some coupled mechanical/thermal/electric problems. I have to admit that I never worked with FEMLAB and therefore have only a basic idea about this tool.

F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back