Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Computerized Monitoring Of E.C.G

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediknight

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,

This project is titled "Computerized Monitoring Of E.C.G". Usually when getting an ECG output, the medical personnel attaches various leads onto various parts of one's body. But when the output appears, it prints the impulses in graphical form of only one of those leads as its input, to change the input from one lead to another, it's either manually or automatically (pre-defined lead changer after a particular amount of time). What our project does is that it takes inputs from all the connected lead & shows them simultaneously on the computer screen attached to the ECG machine. Along with that, this system also stores the impulses in their graphical form for past 24 hours, so that the doctor can take a look at the patient's cardiac condition for past 24 hours.

This system is a combination of PC Interface card for data acquisition from the ECG machine, converting those analog signals to digital pulses, sending them to the PC's frontend made in 'C' programming that does the needful.

The problem that I'm facing right now is that, when the friend of mine made it, he forgot to make me the PCB-side circuit diagram. All he provided me with was a functional block diagram of the system & Component layout.

Now, I'm in dire need of the circuit diagram because I'm supposed to submit this project for my college's year-ending submissions.

Can anybody help me out, please?
I wouldn't mind naming them in my project report's acknowledgement section & sending them the whole report.

P.S - The following .zip file contains the images of above mentioned Component layout & functional block diagram & the screenshot of how the program would look on a computer screen.

Thanking everybody who could help me out, or read this message in advance,

Regards,

JeDi

You can look in the application notes at TI or ADI, there is lot info on this subject. Also, please review etries at **broken link removed**

Hello dacadc,
Thanks for the URL.. I looked it up & found a helpful link. I have contacted that person & hoping to get a quick response from him.
Thanks once again,

Regards,
JeDi

Hi jediknight,

Nice project idea. Why don’t you contact that friend for details? I can’t understand if this one is interfaced with PCI bus?

Good luck

Hello jack//ani,
Thanks for appreciating...

In his speech to the nation on the eve of our 54th Republic Day(26th Jan), our President A.P.J Abdul Kalam had stressed on improving our healthcare facilities. He said, no Indian should die just because the emergency treatment that he/she needed was a few miles away. He also mentioned how Indian IT professionals should now think of combining & interfacing IT with healthcare. That speech of his left a mark on our mind & made us wonder, why wait for others when we can make it ourselves, or at least try to get there…

That speech, that person inspired us so much that we started developing the whole thing, we had almost done it when my friend was called away on company business & was sent to UK. He hardly gets time to even cook for himself (He's a veggie, so no usual non-veg food for him!!). Whatever time he gets, he prefers talking to his newly-wedded wife (damn that hen-pecked husband!)...

Anywho, if you have any questions, please go through images.zip attached in the post & let me know if you could be able to help us out..

Regards,
JeDi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back