Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Computer controlled IR remote control

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarang

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello folks,

I am working on my final year project which is a speech recognition.
I want to design an IR device that can communicate with the TV or other IR receiver. This device will be connected to the PC.
As you all might know that serial and parallel ports are fading out now...So i want to interface this device to PC using USB.
Can anyone guide me how USB programming works(pref in MATLAB)...and what will i need on the device for USB connection?

thanx....

Unfortunately, usb programming is not trivial. The universal serial bus is hot plug and play and can work with a massive variety of different devices. When you plug in your usb device, it goes through a process of enumeration that describes to the pc what it does and what driver the pc should load. Device descripters can be quite complex.
One solution for you would be to use a pic microcontroller for the usb interface. You can download a usb stack, free from Microchip, that has a lot of example code for the pic and the pc interface. You should be able to modify the code from the examples to do what you require.

Thanx i will look on to it....

Quick way is to use USB>Serial converter and use µcu for generatin IR codes.
Or just buy it **broken link removed**.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back