Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

computational electromagnetics - request for detailed book

Status
Not open for further replies.

buenos

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
advise me a book to buy

hi

please advise me a good book to buy about computational electromagnetics.

i am looking for a big book (500++ pages), which covers the FEM, FDTD, MOM, also basic em theory, and applications for PCBs. not an antenna book, nor some specialized thing please. general, but detailed.

Re: advise me a book to buy

i recommened L " microwave enginerring " David. Pozar

Added after 46 seconds:

This book have hard copy in the internet. You can download it

buenos said:
hi

please advise me a good book to buy about computational electromagnetics.

i am looking for a big book (500++ pages), which covers the FEM, FDTD, MOM, also basic em theory, and applications for PCBs. not an antenna book, nor some specialized thing please. general, but detailed.

I would personally prefer buying a specific book for each one of the methods. However if you want to find all the information in just one book, I can suggest Sadiku's "Numerical Techniques in Electromagnetics".

If you consider buying them seperately,
Jianming Jin, "The Finite Element Method in Electromagnetics"
Volakis J.L., Chatterjee A., Kempel L.C. "Finite Element Method for Electromagnetics"
Allen Taflove, "Computational Electrodynamics The Finite Difference Time Domain Method"

Microway E is best choice

advise me a book to buy

thanx. last week i ordered the "Computational Electromagnetics (Texts in Applied Mathematics) "
maybe it was a mistake? anyway, i will read it, then go on with a bigger book on a sub-subject.

1 - i think the book you ordered is a mistake. i think that book is a collection of topics.
2 - Do not get microwave engineering by Pozar. The book is not on computational electromagnetics, but on microwave engineering such as filter design, oscillator design, transmission lines
3 - I think you may have to buy various books for the various methods (FEM, FDTD, MOM). But Sadiku is good choice.
Also,Computational methods in electromagnetics by Mittra is another book. The problem is that both books were written a while ago, and there has been numerous advances since they were written.

If you are interested in Computational EM in general, then Sadiku should be fine.

There is another book for applied mathematics: "Computational Electromagnetics" by Anders Bondeson, Thomas Rylander and Par Ingelstrom.

I think you are looking for a book which covers computational methods altogether.. And you are specifically interested in PCB applications?

There is a book called "Microwave Circuit Modeling Using Electromagnetic Field Simulation" by Daniel G. Swanson, Jr. and Wolfgang J. R. Hoefer. That book is good if you want to learn more about computational methods in general and how commercial EM solvers work, which one should you use for your application, etc...

does anybody has this book computational techniques in electromagnetics by andrew peterson and raj mittra

Re: computational electromagnetics - request for detailed bo

book written by Garg published in Artech could be good

Re: computational electromagnetics - request for detailed bo

^^ agreed this new book by Garg is really good!

Analytical and Computational Methods in Electromagnetics - Ramesh Garg - 2008 - 528 pages it is available on gigapedia also has a CD with MATLAB programs. A very nice book.

Fast and Efficient Algorithms in Computational Electromagnetics
Editors: W.C. Chew
E. Michielssen
J. M. Song
J. M. Jin
2001 Book
Bibliometrics
· Downloads (6 Weeks): n/a
· Downloads (12 Months): n/a
· Citation Count: 27

Publication:
· Book
©2001 ISBN:1580531520

It is the only one I would like to recommend.

Editors: W.C. Chew E. Michielssen J. M. Song J. M. Jin

It is the only one I would like to recommend.

This book is a "Research Book", compilation of works done in 1990's in UIUC at CCEM by the editors and their collaborators.
This book is not by any means a useful book for start in CEM, too advanced for new learners to understand. They can only enjoy the level of advances in this area and read it like a novel!

Did you learned MoM from this book, for example?! It starts with stuff like FMM and MLFMA for ***'s sake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back