Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Composite core step down transforme

Status
Not open for further replies.

secates

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a resonance energy device in which I need to step down voltage from 9000 V to 120 V.
The end load will be 30 KW!
I’m trying to source a composite core isolation transformer to avoid excessive heat buildup. Any recommendations?
--- Updated ---

I forgot to mention that this is 60 cycle AC, and that’s a 2 leg transformer at 120v per leg - 240 v total.

Last edited:

Solution
What makes you think someone can violate the Laws of Physics on Conservation of Energy (over unity) when you do not seem to know the energy needed to charge 8.8 mF to 500V or the mechanism of inductive arc from low ESR and dI/dt breaking shorted contact.

\[ V=L~dI/dt, ~~E=CV^2/2 \]
I have a resonance energy device in which I need to step down voltage from 9000 V to 120 V.
The end load will be 30 KW!
I’m trying to source a composite core isolation transformer to avoid excessive heat buildup. Any recommendations?
--- Updated ---

I forgot to mention that this is 60 cycle AC, and that’s a 2 leg transformer at 120v per leg - 240 v total.
Did you forget to define the typical transformer parameters of thermal conductive loss, primary inductance, required thermal conductance to not exceed 85'C at rated power.

Transformers normally do not store energy and the source impedance of your " resonant device" must be defined in order to determine load regulation error, Q voltage loss of regulation effects etc.

Your concept needs work to generate specs.

secates

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Perhaps in oil cooled type ?

1632496095338.png

Yes, I would not be surprised if this might have to be what I use. The energy coming from the resonance device would be going through a very large bank of capacitors, 4 ea 500V, 2200 UF.
The frequency would be cycling at approximately 25,000 to 35,000 CPS, but the frequency will be adjusted to 60 CPS before it goes to the transformer. We will be measuring the actual output voltage and amperage at the capacitors. The original resonance device outputs at 7000v.
This overall plan is one of Don Smith’s designs. He originally used a resonance transformer that put out 2000v, and then used an air core transformer to step it up to 9000v. I don’t believe I need to step it up before the capacitors, as it will still most likely supply adequate voltage to the capacitors, and ultimately to the transformers to get what I need. We have an oscilloscope and a 100x attenuating probe along with other equipment to measure the voltage, amperage, impedance, and frequency once it goes through the capacitors. The tricky part is landing at a voltage which is compatible with a pre-manufactured transformer. We would rather not have to custom make one.
The particular plan we are using comes from The Don Smith book sold on the Renaissance Charge website.
Don was not able to patent his devices in this country because of the energy cartels, but he was able to patent them in Europe. He made multiple devices for other countries including Russia. Some of these devices had output equivalent to Hoover dam.

I don't follow many free-energy hoaxes because the authors often make false claims with faulty measurements with RF and pf errors.

I have never read anything about Don Smith, but at a glance he shares experience I have with battery deoxidation rejuvenation with RF pulses from my experience producing and testing Solartech's 5W pulse rejuvenator, that is activated when charger is running. It raised and normalized the specific gravity on motive power batteries claimed as dead and restored to normal capacity in a couple of weeks.

Low C charge flow is always better for longevity as heat rise is less. But low energy, high power pulses can restore ESR in some cases.

I have yet to see a free energy device. There is always some transfer of energy somewhere from the material.

The one thing I can confirm about any resonant or current source energy devices is that unless the load impedance is matched (e.g. SMPS) to any source ( resonant or PV) , you never get MMPT. Then it is damped like the flywheel on an internal combustion engine.

The impedance or Zo=ΔV/ΔI for real energy transfer must be matched to load to get MPT (max power transfer) But that means 50% attenuation and may cause thermal issues in the source or load. Batteries with 500A CCR means 5V drop/ 500A = 10 mA for 30 seconds. And the grid well, we never try to achieve MPT @ 50% of no load voltage ,rather 10% regulation for any load.

I recall a humorous situation :) , where a couple owners of pulse battery technology and a ski lift operation using them triggered a couple impact sensors with RF noise in parked vehicles, which deployed the airbags at great expense. They flew in from Colorado to Winnipeg, where they offered to buy Solartech's patent. Which he refused $m... They had the "blow torch" version of Doug Eryou's (Solartech owner) "Bic lighter" pulse version. Both work but have different levels of RF interference. The theory is that the piezo effects free the oxide contaminants and either become conductive in solid batteries or separate and fall in acid batteries. But if the electrolyte gets contaminates, you get dendrite shorts which can be micro-detonated with pulses or diluted and cause leakage self-draining characteristics in the electrolyte.

The dielectric constant and mass of each cell are indicators or each cell, which if not matched perfectly leads to a OV/UV on the weakest capacitor/battery in xx kilofarads. This is an exponential decay like thermal runaway over many cycles while similarly ESR rises from the electrode, dielectric, or RC interface. This is why cell balancers are so useful for Lithium.

I also know a guy in the Caribbean who design a PIC control kW battery rejuvenator with 80% success if aged less than a certain period 6 mos to a year.
--- Updated ---

Perhaps in oil cooled type ?

View attachment 172068
More likely Polyurethane racks like those used on the grid for passive PFC for low f, but for RF and small loads like LEDs, any plastic cap tuned can resonate but LED ESR is inverse to the power consumption and nonlinear of course. ESR ~ k / P for k = 0.25 to 1 for each in series.

Last edited:

The Renaissance Charge site is owned by Rich Friedrich. Rich knew Don and over the years was able to gather information about his research and devices. Don has passed. Rich has been working on this book for several years, and just released it along with training kits. The first resonant kit has options, and one is the Don Smith book which is a 2” thick hard bound atlas of over 400 pages. I’ve been developing a totally separate device using only magnetism. When Don’s book became available, even though it goes a very different direction I bought it ‘while it was available’.
This technology is an extension of Tesla’s work. It has become much more refined, and Don shares the very simple principles of what Tesla was doing. The developments since Tesla have grown substantially.
I have 2 close friends in their eighties that are both gifted retired electrical engineers. One worked for Tectronics as a trouble shooter. He was also a helicopter pilot during the evacuation of Vietnam, and worked for the air national guard during the Mount Saint Helens body retrievals. The other is a self-trained radio electrical engineer with the highest certification available. He was personally called by Henry Kissinger to go to Guatemala after the devastating earthquake years ago to try to rebuild communications. We didn’t see or hear from him for 3 months. The government took him right by customs and flew him where they wanted him.
All that aside, these fellows along with my son in law who works for GE, are all following this project as it has tangible results.
The Tetronics engineer has been fascinated.
What has happened in our education of electronics is that there are parts of our electronics predecessors writings that are left out of our education.
Don eloquently puts reality back into what Tesla, and many others for over a hundred years have know about the nature of electromagnetism. My preliminary experiments have demonstrated these things. There are thousands of sites that claim explanations of ether electromagnetism, but Rich Friedrich, and in particular Don Smith cut through the foolish ethereal jargon, and give tangible explainations, of how, why with devices that can be handled and built.
Rich’s first goal in kit no1 was to show with safe voltages different examples of experiments to teach about over unity devices.
It’s not really over unity, but just collecting and using energy that’s already there. Look at Don Smith’s many videos which can be seen on YouTube. There’s a series Rich has on his website under the resonant devices section.
By the way, some of Rich’s customers that have used his battery charger rejuvenators have batteries over 20 years old that perform better than new.
Rich was a lab grunt under John Bedini for years, but parted ways as John, though he was extremely gifted, had some undesirable character traits.
Thomas Bearden also worked with John. Thomas is known for similar research, and was an electrical engineer with the military. He has much personal information about the ways cartels control world energy, as he saw the goings on behind the scenes.
Do yourself a favor. By Rich’s $60 resonance kit no1, and be sure to buy the $50 amplifier with it.
The resonance kit comes with a pretty substantial instruction tutorial book written by Rich, but save yourself years of research and spend 120 bucks to buy Don Smith’s book.
Keep in contact, and I’ll let you know when I disconnect from Central Maine Power 😂

PS If you have not heard of the electric universe movement, go to the NASA site, PTOD, the picture of the day, and there will be links there for the electric universe movement.
They also go by
Thunderbolts.org
Look at the ‘Safire’ project, and start in the video archives from a few years ago and watch the development. This is the sun created in the laboratory. They have already patented the process, got temperatures over 1,000,000° the same as an atomic explosion but it did not melt down the enclosure because it was contained by the electromagnetism.
Yes, the sun is not lit by nuclear fusion.
I repeat the sun is not lit by nuclear fusion!
It is lit by electromagnetic plasma.
We have two huge trillion dollar projects being pursued by governments to try to produce an artificial sun using nuclear fusion but they are destined to fail. It is because the sun is not lit by nuclear fusion. The tips of the flares can get up to 1,000,000°, but the surface of the sun is 6000° and the sun spots are even colder. The idiots that are controlling the narrative about how the sun works are saying that there is energy coming from the center of the sun but they have absolutely no evidence to support it, and in fact all the evidence points to something totally different.
The sun is a big orb that is going through this plasma soup which is the so-called vacuum in our universe and the energy for the sun is coming from the continuously spinning ambient atomic and subatomic charges, particles, whatever you want to call them in the vacuum. This is also why galaxies work the way that they do, with electromagnetism.
The narrative does not want to give any credit to electricity and still maintain that the driving force in the universe is gravity. They are absolutely dumb and blind and ignorant. They see huge evidences for magnetism, but they will not acknowledge that there’s any electricity with it. Have you ever heard of electricity without magnetism?
This is just a tiny example of how the wealthy cartels control everything that’s attached to money. This is what wars are fought over - Resources. Energy, minerals, oil, cocaine, human body parts….
The good news is the truth is getting out and the implications go way beyond energy

Random comments

- I think you meant Tektronix.
- Tesla was a genius and is recognized by the symbol T, but he was not good at documenting his R&D but great at practical solutions.
- his tower to tap into Schumann resonance with core magnetism failed to create real energy
- I've been trying to figure out how to realize a 1kW 3T 400 Hz sinc pulse low rep. rate with a Q of 0.5 for fMRS without burning up the FETs. This is a therapeutic way to excite the muscle's activation potential with variable rep rates. This was created in Slovenia for therapy markets in EU, except in Canada where bureaucracy won't allow it yet without proof of safety. It's called the Tesla Stym and it operates with a paddle c/w fan at ? 2.5T
- Bearden has failed in my eyes to prove what he is saying. He has documented in exquisite math/physics the existence of longitudinal EM waves yet cannot demonstrate or measure it. When he invited Japanese business and technocrats, nothing became of it. He did get some attention from US Military but that didn't last AFAIK.
- I've only heard of the "electric universe scam"
- My understanding is limited, but have read of rare high proton emissions from black holes.
- the sun's internal magnetic supermass is the part that flips every 11 years to create solar activity, some actually predicted the earth would do the same a few years ago but never happened.
- our sun is just a dot compared to some other galaxy suns which could fill millions of our Sun inside (UY Scuti)
- do show the test results & methods of your kit #1

I'm not an expert on plasma, and the relativistic effects inside a black hole or a solar centre, but the continuous partial discharge of hydrocarbons with magnetic and dielectric materials, has led me to discover the root cause of MVA distribution transformers from contaminants in a transformer factory process cause these effects under high field strength in operation. Such that within the 1 year warranty period the DGA dissolved gas analysis of transformer oil, when it exceeds 4% or the LEL lower explosive level is exceeded by partial discharge, (PD) the transformer is taken out of service. ( It was a multi-million $ factory epidemic liability from very tiny defects.

PD is a result of plasma physics like an "avalanche electric switch" with almost zero discharge time of charges shorting out detonating molecules and breaking down HxCy oil in H2 and longer explosive gas molecules with higher activation energy. My DSO was slow so the current rise time was in picoseconds.

You might want to ask some questions from an expert like Briane Greene to validate your assumptions.
--- Updated ---

The few Bedini 's experiments I have observed , were disappointing on the non-scalable demonstration of tiny scale electrostatic engines.

Last edited:

Thank you for the input of questions regarding my inquiry of a step down transformer.
I should have measurements shortly from the capacitor bank to give a better idea of what is needed in a step down transformer. My time has been limited to work in the shop because of serious medical issues with my wife.
Meanwhile I’ve attached a Don Smith video for your consideration.

Tom Bearden has a paper
‘The Secret to Free Energy’
in which he gives his theory and method of energy collection from ambient environment. This particular paper was a result of approximately 30 years of research which he synthesized down to a few basic principles.
This paper I believe is a excellent illustration of how ambient energy can be harvested, and collected in resistant devices and capacitors.
Our bodies are resistant collection devices (conductors, but poor conductors), and can store high voltage collected by dragging our feet across a rug with certain materials on our feet, store a charge, then a few seconds later zap someone with a few thousand volts from our finger to their ear.
I will agree which you regarding some of his extrapolations which seem quite ethereal. I’d rather see impirical evidences. Rich Friedrich has such evidences, but they’ll do no one any good if they are ignored.

In addition, please see David LaPointe ‘The Primer Fields’.
Do yourself a great favor and patiently watch all the videos. His discoveries are significant and possible major game changers regarding certain assumptions in physics and cosmology.

Have you looked at the ‘Safire’ project at:
‘thunderbolts.org’
Please watch the development of the project from the first videos to the current developments.

‘The greatest detriment to advancing science is to think one already has all the evidences and answers. True science requires humility.’
Do not ignore anomalies.

Our bodies are resistant collection devices (conductors, but poor conductors), and can store high voltage collected by dragging our feet across a rug with certain materials on our feet, store a charge, then a few seconds later zap someone with a few thousand volts from our finger to their ear.

The video has soft sound therefore captions must be turned on.

There's an expression: He who understands clearly, teaches clearly. It would be marvelous if his explanation started with what is known and observable. Our minds could build on that, being long acquainted with the practical.

However he jumps immediately to terminology that we can't relate to. His concepts don't appear impractical, as far as harvesting energy.

We collect static charge in Leyden jars. I'm a Leyden jar when I scuff my shoes across the carpet and watch a spark from my finger to a doorknob. However the amount of energy available is insufficient to light an led. The attractive force just barely holds a balloon to my sweater. It doesn't resonate at 60Hz or 25k or 30k. It wants to remain ambient. It doesn't lend itself to being managed, converted or stored.

Granted, there are secrets here. Mystifying principles we don't entirely understand. These phenomena (static and current electricity) seem opposite yet they're related.
So if we could just find a way to combine the extreme elements of these opposites... Who knows what's possible? Someday it may be realistic for us to harness lightning bolts. Free energy. All the Wattage we dream of.

Tom Bearden gives a (very) detailed explanation of the principles of collecting energy. You are very right that static electricity and our regular energy are related, and that’s exactly the point.
Until you exercise that possibility that the entire universe is not a vacuum, but is filled with charges in the forms of atomic and subatomic particles and charges that are continuously spinning and always striving for equilibrium, it is difficult to understand where electricity actually comes from.
Think about it, when you look up how electricity is produced in a dictionary or an encyclopedia, it says it simply is the conversion of mechanical force into electrical force. It doesn’t actually tell you what happens. Yes, we know that when you pass magnets by coils that we receive current. But where does the electricity actually come from. Does it come out of the copper wire, or does it come out of the magnetism.
It’s similar to ambient air temperatures always striving fir that same thing, equilibrium. That’s why when there’s any imbalance in temperature, or pressure it moves. That’s the whole point. We have been taught to think of electricity as a uniform positive and negative charge that always has the same potential in each electron, but in reality it doesn’t work that way. You have different areas of the earth that have inherent natural charge potential in millions of volts. They are manifested when this charge potential becomes greater than the potential in the atmosphere, so then the potential explodes from the earth up in the sky, into the clouds, but it does not stop there. It continues into outer space. This phenomenon has been observed for years by high altitude pilots, and also from space station. They manifest themselves as bolts of lightning that spread out into space, and also into formations called sprites. Sprites are longitudinally symmetrical blue white formations that look like a kings scepter. Speculation is that the king scepters that we see on earth actually came from the ancient viewing these formations. We normally think of electricity and lightning being formed in the clouds because of air movement with the currents violently moving up and down producing charge.
What instead the clouds are actually doing is acting as capacitors. They store a charge as it is exchanged from the surface of the earth and the upper atmosphere where it interfaces with charges that go to and from space and the sun. When we see tornadoes we always assume that they are formed because off the movement of air with different temperatures being forced or down. What we don’t consider is the possibility that tornadoes are instead actually formed by electromagnetism. It has been observed when a person has an opportunity to be under the spout of a tornado before it touches down to earth, that the inside of the tornado is actually filled with plasma light. I have seen photographs of such a thing. It’s obviously very rare, but they exist.
What Thomases whole point is in his paper is that all of the things that we get electricity from our dipoles. Batteries, solar panels, generators. They are like the radiators in a heat pump. We have ambient air temperatures outside, and we put a radiator that is either very hot or very cold in that ambient situation, and heat or cold is attracted to that imbalance through a device and we are able to move energy One Direction or the other. We can move it either into the house or out of the house depending on whether we’re heating or cooling. When we create energy the same thing happens. A battery for instants is a diaper in itself just sitting there.
It has potential at each end, and as it sits there charges in the air collect all those dipoles. no energy has been expended yet. If you connect a wire to each end of the battery, now each of those wires becomes a dipole. One is positive and one is negative. Now there are charges that are piling on top of every electron on those wires. We think of electrons is only being negative, but that is not true. Electrons can have differences in charge, hence any time there is a difference there is potential. Each of the electrons that are on the end of the battery and now on the wire have charges such as photons that pile on top of each other in a linear fashion and they pile all the way to one end of the universe and to the other end of the universe. There are also complementary charges that will pile on top of each of those lines of photons. How many radial lines of charge can you get on each of those lines of photons? An infinite number. That’s the whole point. When you create a single imbalance at one point in the universe, the entire rest of the universe knows about it and is connected to it. There are no closed systems. When one charge moves in the universe the entire rest of the universe moves with it and is aware of it.
Now take these two wires and connect them to a large sheet of aluminum. We’re going to pick aluminum because it’s not a perfect conductor like gold or copper. We’re gonna make this sheet pretty large and there’s a reason for it.
Now we have a very large surface area that has a very large number of electrons on it with charges. One sheet has more positive charges and the other has more negative charges. Now for a fraction of a second, maybe a couple of millions of a second, we’re going to disconnect that battery from that sheet of aluminum. What happens is for a fraction of a second that charge will stay on that aluminum if we have two more wires one connected to each sheet of aluminum, and then have those wires connect to a load we can discharge that static charge which is on that aluminum sheet.
We did this when we were disconnected from the battery, so no current, no amperage, no electricity has come out of the battery. The energy we just harvested did not come from the battery, but it came from the universe. The battery is still perfectly intact and we have not depleted its shelflife at all.
Now comes in this thing called resonance. If we set up some sort of a double pole double and then switching system, we can switch back-and-forth from the battery, to the load. Every time we switch to the battery we put a charge on those panels which collects static electricity from the entire universe. Why we very quickly disconnect from the battery and reconnect to the load and we discharge that static electricity which we collected on our aluminum sheet.
By the way, that split-second of time that charge stays on the sheet is called the relaxation time. It varies depending upon how good a conductor we are dealing with. Here is the kick. The poorer the conductor, The longer this relaxation time is. That is why our bodies, which are very poor conductors compared to aluminum, will store this static charge for a matter of seconds rather than picoseconds, and we can zap somebody a few seconds later with a few thousand volts on their ear.
Back to the resonance.
If one has this double pole switching system where the battery never directly connects to the load, but instead resonates at high frequency, one can collect massive amounts of energy, as the collection of energy becomes logrithmic. Every time you double the frequency the current increases logarithmically.
The rest is history.
The battery stays charged as long as it’s shelf life.

Attachments

• poed 2.PDF
    170.5 KB · Views: 317

Every time you double the frequency the current increases logarithmically.
Logarithmically to what base? 0? 1? Euler? A negative number?
Without knowing the base the expression makes no sense.
It should be an easy for the inventor to give an almost exact number.

Don was not able to patent his devices in this country because of the energy cartels,
What do energy cartels have to do with patents? You may apply a patent in every country you like.
And if I had a similar invention ... and someone in my country tries to stop it ... I'd leave thus country.
Energy means money. So I guess many private investors will pay you a load of money for this invention.
Why do those inventors not sell the idea to several private persons, companies in several countries.

And a patent is no hidden information. You can (worldwide) see every patent after a few months.
Can you give use the patent number of the invention you are talking about?

Some of these devices had output equivalent to Hoover dam.
Energy or power. I guess power.
This is about 500Megawatts. So on a 10,000V (just as an example) line this is 50,000Amperes.
I've never heard of this power station before.
If you sell this power you maybe get 1 million dollar per day.
What size is this power source? Does it has a "name" we can google for? Can wee see it on google-earth? Where is it located?
What cables do they use?

With the increasing count of electric vehicles we need power stations like this.

Klaus

Bearden is well-schooled in physics , yet never demonstrated significant results in his lifetime, leaves me wondering why not after all this research and theory. The only results were book & DVD sales. DVD Movie trailer. The measurement errors are apparent to me that all the results are under unity.

Last edited:

Bearden is well-schooled in physics , yet never demonstrated significant results in his lifetime, leaves me wondering why not after all this research and theory. The only results were book & DVD sales. DVD Movie trailer. The measurement errors are apparent to me that all the results are under unity.
I thought I had read that he had applied for certain patent(s).
He spent a lot of time with John Bedini. John was well known as high end audio engineer, and he what is the one the one that later built all the energy devices. Rich Friedrich also worked with John, and Rich was primarily responsible for testing and measuring the results of the devices. As I had mentioned before, Rich parted ways with John after a number of years.
Rich, as I said before, owns the Renaissance Charge website.
He is the one that compiled the Don Smith book.
If you are interested can attach pages from the book.

Patents are worthless unless realized into large scale production. What these fellows have done, might be curious to many, but none suggest any opportunity for large scaleable, sustainable energy production but might be useful for microenergy harvesting.

This is developing technology available in kit form for those that are willing to put in the work to learn how these systems operate.
This is being done on a very small scale by Rich Friedrich who has worked tirelessly on this research, I believe now for more than several decades.
It’s not being handed out on a silver platter. Those that wish to pursue this must put in the effort to read and observe and learn about it. I have been working on another technology, plus more recently- this project for approximately five years.
All of the desires to have a system that will run your entire home are well within reach, but it would be unwise to release kits for a system that large without developing primers for do it yourselfers first, so that they don’t injure or kill themselves.
I have the Don Smith book written by Rich Friedrich, which has many of his designs for large systems plus other genius inventions.
I have most all of the front end components for one of Don’s plans, but I am realizing that with a 7KV resonator going into a 500v 8800 uF capacitor bank, if I don’t have my backend output prepared first and everything tested very carefully, my wife could end up without a husband.
I have already experienced a few finger burns on the front end using just a 12 watt input. My resonator output going into a capacitor bank that large could kill me along with my pet elephants.
So, I am returning to Rich’s lower voltage kits, and patiently following his advise.
It’s also interesting that Don Smith in his book advised for builders to start with the output first, and then build your front end. I am also realizing that I could use something like a simple voltage attenuator on the very input to my resonator and lower my voltage down to a pittance so that I could hopefully keep my big kit in a safer range, so that I could test voltages, amperage, and frequencies along the way without destroying my friend’s $2000 Tectronix oscilloscope. I have a 100x attenuating probe but it’s nowhere near large enough attenuation to test yet. I have a bid in on a couple of large 1000x voltage attenuation probes on eBay. We will see….
I’m also using the Klein tools CL310 meter, which reads the amperage just fine, and has a nice digital display, and has high voltage probes available also, but the voltage tolerance does not go high enough and it is unable to handle high frequencies.

Well, Bear with me just a little longer as I I’m curious.
I have a bank of 22 UF 5000 V capacitors, 4 each. They’re all hooked up in parallel.
I just did a little test and took my teeny 9 v battery and just touched it to one of the terminals. Afterword I took my big Central Maine Power company line worker screwdriver and shorted the cap terminals and got a very nice ark.
If I had a device that gives a 7000v, 10ma pulse every second, I would imagine it would put a fair chunk of energy into those capacitors. If I did 2 pulses per second, would I be putting more energy into those capacitors? If I did 35,000 pulses per second, would I get even more energy into those capacitors?
What about if I did 1 million pulses per second, what would be the limit of how much energy I could put into those capacitors?
Would I overload the capacitors and destroy them?
Do you think I would get any significant amperage out of that bank of capacitors?
--- Updated ---

Correction, the capacitors are 2200 UF, at 500 V. There are four each
--- Updated ---

I think I may have located the step down transformer I’m looking for. Don Smith called it a composite core transformer. I found what are called dry transformers, rather than oil cooled, in medium voltage (7200v to 240). They have a silicone and iron layered core. They are also available down to as low as 15 kVA. If this works out as planned I may be using something around 25 to 35 kVA.
Anyway, it looks like my search for the transformer I was looking for it’s complete.
I have ordered a high voltage problem to hook up to the oscilloscope. I found what I was looking for in an automotive probe and it very nicely covers the voltage range I need. It was also a lot less expensive than Tectronix and some of the others.
--- Updated ---

Another correction
High-voltage probe

Last edited:

What makes you think someone can violate the Laws of Physics on Conservation of Energy (over unity) when you do not seem to know the energy needed to charge 8.8 mF to 500V or the mechanism of inductive arc from low ESR and dI/dt breaking shorted contact.

\[ V=L~dI/dt, ~~E=CV^2/2 \]

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back