Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

component recomendation for sensor on breadboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,i am looking for a sensor component which goes to some transimpedance amplifier or instrumental amplifier and ADC component(I2C).
I want the sensor the amplifier and ADC to put on a bread board and try to recieve the samples to my controller.
i want to program each componnet by SPI or I2c.

Could you recomment such components so i order them on AMAZON and try to assemble this thing?
Thanks.

Last edited:

Which kind of sensor do you want to use?
Which purpose has the transimpedance / instrumentation amplifier?
Measurement/sample rate, resolution, bandwidth.... ?

Give us some requirements.

I want to use thermal sensor with differential output of signal.
I want to use TIA amplifer because i know that the sensor output is current.
i want to convert the amplified signal into ADC which i would need to program with I2C(preferably to learn this protocol) and sent the converted data to my controller.
other stuff doenst matter.
I would be happy to have component recomentatiob so i would try and assemble them on my breadboard.
Thansk.

Hi,

I want to use thermal sensor with differential output of signal.

as you have a sensor in mind, please provide a link of the sensor's datasheet.

BR

I dont know which exactly i ask yu to recommend me something :)
I have DAC80004 EVM i would love to connect to it.
i dont have expirience with sensor brands, just a simple one which outputs differentil signal and i would like to ronnect TIA to it. and ADC after that to connect my EFR32 board with I2C

Last edited:

Hi,

sorry, but it is hard to give some recommendations without any requirements.

If your aim is to get expirience with an I²C communication, use a simple digital temperature sensor like [1]. I used this IC several times. That would be a good start, by means of avoiding potential problems by implementing the signal conditioning circuitry. Further, you get a good feedback if the communication is implemented correct, by means of measuring e.g. the ambient temperature. Of course you would need a breakout board to use this IC with a breadboard.

[1]https://www.analog.com/en/products/adt7410.html#product-overview

BR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back